Colts & Broncos QB
Manning said "Dad never really pushed us into football. He never really let us play it on the playground. He never worked with me, like one-on-one passing drills, until I was a freshman in high school. It was always a situation where I had to come to him, ask him if he wanted to go work out. He never pushed me into anything." When Peyton was heavily recruited by Division 1 colleges, he read over each of them with caution. he could've gone to the University of Mississippi where is father had shined and made his mark, but instead went his own way by going to the University of Tennessee.
Peyton Manning was involved in many charitable activities. He also visited and did speeches at schools. Not only regular every day things, but he also donates his time and money to the Louisiana Special Olympics. On 9/3/05, Peyton Manning and his brother Eli Manning paid enough money to get a broken plane back up and running to send it to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Peyton Manning also wrote letters to people that changed his life.
Eli quotes "I know it was tough for him, but I'm proud of the way he handled [it]. You could see that it's going to be tough for him, but I think it is good timing and he's getting out at the right time."
"If nothing else in life, I want to be true to the things I believe in, and quite simply, to what I'm all about. I know I'd better, because it seems whenever I take a false step or two I feel the consequences."
Career at The Unversity of Tennesse.
- Manning Letters - http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-ssgameday/0ap2000000321945/Peyton-s-letters I choose his as an example because he wrote letters to everyone who inspired him, and not a lot of people do that anymore once they get really famous.
- Broken Plane - http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/04/mannings.relief/ I choose this because it shows how Peyton Manning got involved with the community
- Eli quote - 'IT'S TIME' Peyton takes first of final bows as he hangs up cleats." New York Post [New York, NY] 8 Mar. 2016: 062. Biography in Context. Web. 5 May 2016. I choose this because it is one of the few quotes that have a reliable source, also it is his brother, so he would know a lot about Peyton.
- Peyton Quote - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/peytonm I choose this quote because this shows that he is humble, and realizes that if he makes a mistake, his team pays for it too.
"Peyton Manning." Newsmakers. Vol. 4. Detroit: Gale, 2007. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016.
I choose this one because this source got me a lot of my information.
UT - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/02/23/tennessee-wants-manning-reference-removed-from-lawsuit/80828682/ I choose this because it is him in college, so it's helpful
- COLTS - http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/3/6/11169580/Jim-Irsay-on-Peyton-manning-I-am-proud-and-thankful-for-all-hes-done-for-the-colts i choose this because it is him at the Colts and it fits in well
- Newman - http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7540412/super-bowl-2012-eli-manning-high-school-coach-knew-had-another-peyton-making I choose this because it shows Peyton playing High School football, and i was talking about that, so it fits.
- Bro - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/11/07/eli-manning-peyton-manning-help-each-other-with-common-opponents-new-york-giants-denver-broncos/1690459/ I choose this because it shows them talking to and about each other, so it goes good with quotes