'Invent the Future'
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Virginia Tech was founded in 1872 as an agricultural and mechanical land-grant college. Today, VT is one of the largest universities in Virginia, and is among the top engineering colleges in the United States. VT currently has around 31,000 students, 80% of which are undergraduates. VT is located in the rural college town of Blacksburg, Virginia, and is the heart of the city.
Why Virginia Tech?
USNews ranked Virginia Tech as:
- 15th in undergrad engineering program
- 24th in graduate engineering program
- 69th best college in the United States
Acording to Princeton Review:
- 4th in campus food
- 5th in quality of life
- 7th in happiest students
Also, The Wall Street Journal acclaimed VT for its employment rate out of college.
Because VT is in-state for us in Virginia Beach, VT is a more viable choice than similar colleges that are out-of-state.
Virginia Tech Campus Tour
- "Virginia Tech." The Princeton Review. TPR Education IP Holdings, LLC, n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2013.
- "Rankings." Virginia Tech. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2013.
- "Virginia Tech." US News & World Report. U.S.News & World Report LP, n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2013.