An Inspiring Woman
- born in New York City on October 11th, 1884
- Died November 7th, 1962
- wife of 32nd president Franklin Roosevelt (FDR)
- she had six children
What do I admire about Eleanor?
- I admire that Eleanor was not afraid to be different from the other Presidents' wives (first ladies).
- She was bold, brave, and stood up for what is right and important to her.
- She did what was right and what needed to be done, even when people disagreed with her or thought it wasn't her job. She would not give up.
Why is she important?
- supported political rights for: women, children, the poor, and minorities.
- She helped in the U.S. and around the world
- She changed the role of the First Lady
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."