High School Eagle Update
Guardians and students time to make sure our grades are checked and double-checked. If you notice an error, let your teacher know. Missing work or not grasping a concept, reach out to your teacher and see if you can meet during a Flex bell to work on missing items or get extra help. Many supports are in place to help you out, but you must also advocate for yourself.
Can you spell theater? Or is it theatre? Find out when Milford High School Drama presents "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" September 23 at 730 & 24 at 2 and 730! Tickets available now at: http://bit.ly/mhstheatreshows
Homecoming spirit week is next week (September 26th - 30th). Our MHS Student Council has planned spirit days for the week. We would like to remind students that the dress code should be followed even during spirit week.
Monday (9/26)- PJ Day
Tuesday (9/27)- Adam Sandler Day
Wednesday (9/28)- Country or Country Club
Thursday (9/29)- 90s Day
Friday (9/30)- Black Out
- Tickets for the Homecoming Dance are available here. Tickets will be $15 and sold online. MHS Students are permitted to bring 1 guest (must be in HS or a recent graduate and this form must be turned in). The Homecoming Dance is on October 1st from 8:00pm until 11:00pm.
- The Annual Homecoming Parade and Football game are on Friday, Sept. 30th. The parade leaves Mulberry Elementary at 5:30pm. The football game against Walnut Hills is scheduled to kick off at 7:00pm.
Update from Superintendent John Spieser
Please take a minute to watch this edition of the Milford Schools Super60. All the news you need in about 60 seconds! https://youtu.be/yrPvcoU9kXc
Superintendent Spieser covers:
- The State of Ohio released School Report Cards last week. Milford Schools received an estimated 4.5 stars. You can read more here: https://bit.ly/21-22MilfordReportCard
- The Milford Schools board of education approved new Fieldhouse plans which will include upgraded athletic facilities, new restrooms, and three additional gyms. These improvements are necessary as current buildings will need to be demolished to make way for the new Middle School. The improvements will also allow Milford to host large athletic and band competitions, as well as provide much needed space for student athletes to practice and hold games.
Important Links for the 22-23 School Year
Use Pay Schools to pay for lunches, school fees, sport participation fees, and more!
Click on this link to learn how to sign up and get started!
School Lunches 22-23
For those that don’t know, school breakfast and lunch will no longer be free in the fall of 2022 in all states except California and Maine (these two have continued the program). If you think your student qualifies for free or reduced lunch, you will need to fill out an application with the school district. And remember, if your student gets free or reduced lunch, they also get free or reduced breakfast. When the form is available (August 1st) for 22-23, it will be posted here.
Milford School District has partnered with FinalForms, to enable parents/guardians to complete their child’s forms online. Click here to update your child's information if anything has changed from last year! This is the tool you use to keep all family and student information up to date throughout the school year.
Milford's Transportation Department will share bus routes electronically via ELinks.
- MEVSD parents use your child's student ID number for both the username and password.
- Click on “work with students.”
- Click on “view my students.”
- Click on your “student's name” to view transportation record.
*The system is still being updated for the 2022-2023 school year and may not yet be accurate or up-to-date.
We encourage you to have these forms filled out over the summer prior to the beginning of next school year. If you wish to drop off medication and permission forms for next school year, the clinic will be open beginning August 9th , 2021 daily from 8am-2pm.
Patty Price BSN, RN, LSN
Stefanie Flynn BSN, RN
ATHLETICS & EXTRACURRICULARS
For information about athletics, please access these sites to find information and contacts.
Milford High School Athletic website
Milford High School Band website
Milford High School Choir website
Milford Engineering website
Director of Athletics - Mr. Aaron Zupka
Director of Extracurriculars - Mr. Josh Kauffman
Click these links to access the district website and the calendar page with dates for the 2022-2023 School Year!
The goal and purpose of this dress code is to set standards and expectations of dress which serve to support a learning environment that is safe and focused on learning. A primary focus of Milford High School is to appropriately prepare students for life beyond the school environment and the standards listed below will prepare students to engage, adapt, and demonstrate responsibility safely both in the school environment as well as in life beyond the classroom walls.
- Student dress shall not compromise the safety of students or staff. Items/Accessories containing spikes/studs/chains/are not permitted to be worn.
- Outer layer of clothing should cover the torso of the body.
- Any garment or attire containing, referencing, promoting, or glorifying alcohol, tobacco, drugs, gangs, violence, death, suicide, gore, and/or blood are strictly prohibited.
- Garments and attire shall not be harassing in nature nor discriminate against any ethnicity, culture, gender, sexuality or religion.
- Student faces shall be fully and clearly visible at all times while on school property.
- Appropriate footwear shall be worn at all times while on school property.
- Costumes should only be worn as approved or on spirit days.
High School Twitter Accounts to Follow
Milford Schools - @Milford_Schools
Mr. Spieser (MEVSD Superintendent) - @Milford_Super
Dr. Arnold (MHS Principal) - @Dr_Tyler_Arnold
Mr. Yeager (NGC Associate Principal) - @MrDYeager
Mr. Haluga (MHS Assistant Principal - 10th) - @MHS_Haluga
Mrs. Kauffman (MHS Assistant Principal - 12th) - @MHS_KKauffman
Mr. Carter (MHS Assistant Principal - 11th) - @MHS_Carter
Mr. Hatfield (Milford Academy Principal) - @MHS_SuccessAcad
Milford Athletics - @Milford_Eagles