November 2016 Newsletter
The first marking period of the Eagle Scholars Program (formerly TAI) is off to a great start. While 9th graders are adjusting to being the "new guys," 12th graders are fighting symptoms of "Senioritis."
- Seniors are busy applying to colleges; so far Eagle Scholars have put in applications to U of M Ann Arbor, Michigan State, Stanford, UNC-Chapel Hill, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Penn, and the University of Chicago, among others.
- Eagle Scholars are taking advantage of the Thursday study sessions in the media center in order to prep for AP and Honors exams
- Multiple Eagle Scholars have been named "Student of the Month" (see below)
- Juniors are awaiting PSAT results to see if they qualified for National Merit Scholarships
- Katie Rozmys was selected as a National Merit Semifinalist
- Eagle Scholars attended a presentation from The University of Michigan's Admissions department. On deck: a campus visit
- We are in the process of forming a Leadership Team to help guide the program
All Eagle Scholars must:
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Participate in at least one extracurricular activity beginning 10th grade
- Apply to at least four 4-year institutions
- Take five AP courses (one of which must be AP Lang & Comp)
- Complete a capstone project