Summit High School
I hope that you are enjoying a relaxing Summer! It’s hard to believe that school starts in just two weeks, on Friday, August 6th. Classes begin at 8:30 AM and end at 3:30 PM. Therefore, our Office hours will be changing to 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
For those of you who are new to Summit, we send out this “From the Nest” to families each Monday. However, we thought you might want the following information a little sooner since we have a lot going on.
- For our 9th grade parents, our Freshmen Parent Orientation will be on Monday, July 26th, at 6:00 PM, in-person, in our Summit Gym. You will need to wear a mask in order to enter. We have lots of important information for you in order to help your 9th grader be successful in high school. You won’t want to miss it.
- Student Business Days begin next week (get your schedules, pick up textbooks, take your ID/yearbook picture, etc.) See below for the flyer if you are interested in ordering school pictures.
- August 2nd – Seniors (see below for times by last name)
- August 3rd – Juniors (see below for times by last name)
- August 4th – Sophomores (see below for times by last name)
- Freshmen Orientation will be held by your last name. Last names A-L is on August 2nd from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM in the Summit High Gym. Last names M-Z is on August 3rd from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM in the Summit High Gym. Students will receive their class schedules, pick-up their textbooks, take their ID/yearbook photo, & get a campus tour from their Link Leaders. Students must stay for the entire day; free lunch is included. See below for the flyer if you are interested in ordering school pictures.
- Laptop distribution for freshmen & new students will be on June 29th and June 30th. In order to check out a laptop you MUST bring the Laptop Agreement form signed by a parent, you can find that form here. You will be able to meet our new Librarian, congratulations to Ms. Tedder. If you need to reach her, you may email her at Mendvi@fusd.net. The schedule is as follows:
Thursday 7/29- Last Name
8:00 to 9:00 a.m. A
9:00 to 10:00 a.m. B-C
10:00 to 11:00 a.m. D-E
11:00 to Noon F-H
1:00 to 2:00 p.m. I-J
2:00 to 3:00 p.m. K-L
Friday 7/30- Last Name
8:00 to 9:00 a.m. M-N
9:00 to 10:00 a.m. N-O
10:00 to 11:00 a.m. Q-R
11:00 to Noon S-T
1:00 to 2:00 p.m. U-W
2:00 to 3:00 p.m. X-Z
- Seniors!! Class of 2022 - the details regarding your senior portrait information will be coming soon.
- Please mark your calendars for Back to School Night on August 17th at 6:00 PM. More information to follow.
- PARENTS! We have a big favor to ask of you. As you know, every year the district office requires parents to do an Annual Student Update. Please help us by getting this done as soon as possible. If your student doesn’t have this form on file, they won’t be able to log-in to their laptop or any other computer. Please see the attachment for more information on how to complete this extremely important form.
As always, we are here to support you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mr. Cerda ASB Director: email@example.com
Ms. Kiggins (AVID): firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ciprian (A-Cl): email@example.com
Ms. Avila (Co-Ha): firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Gonzalez-Torres (He-Ml): email@example.com
Mr. Murillo (ROJ- Z): firstname.lastname@example.org
Until the new counselor is announced to replace Ms. Buoye please contact the following counselors: Last Names: M -Ms. Gonzalez-Torres Gonzcr@fusd.net ; Last Names: P - Ms. Avila Parkam@fusd.net ; Last Names: N-O -Ms. Ciprian Ciprec@fusd.net ; Last Names: Q-Rog ; Ms. Kiggins Kiggma@fusd.net
Mr. Peterson, Athletic Director: email@example.com
Mr. Lopez, Assistant Principal 9th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Gambsky, Administrative Designee 10th Grade: email@example.com
Ms. Guerrucci-Pierce, Assistant Principal 11th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hannon, Assistant Principal 12th Grade: email@example.com
Ms. Castanon, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need an email that isn’t listed here, please email me at email@example.com and I’ll provide it.
I’m so looking forward to seeing all of you!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
2021-2022 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade Administrative Designee
9th Grade Assistant Principal
ASB/Student Activities Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: ROJ - Z
New Counselor TBA
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: ROJ - Z