Park Hill HS Parent Newsletter
Home of the Trojans
September 23, 2022
7:50 a.m. - 2:58 p.m.
Dr. Brad Kincheloe
Dr. Deborah Miller
Dr. Corey Willich
Dr. Shiloh Dutton
Ms. Elisha Smith
Mr. Tom Garth
Message from the Principal
Financial Aid Information for College
During Parent/Teacher conferences on Wednesday, September 28th there will be a Financial Aid Presentation for parents and students wanting to find out more about the FAFSA and other financial aid information for college.
The first presentation will start at 5:00 and run to 6:15 pm. The same presentation will be repeated from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Both will be in room 423. No advanced sign up needed. These presentations are presented at no cost to parents and students of Park Hill High School.
For more information contact Mr. Mesh at email@example.com
All floats in the parade are eligible to be entered into the float contest. The winning float is chosen based on: 1.) Originality 2.) Regulation to chosen theme 3.) Use of color 4.) Overall impression *Another winner will be selected for the most spirited*
Please turn the money in to Ashley Hendrickson.
Checks for the entry fee of $15.00 may be made out to Park Hill High School.
We are still looking for convertibles and golf carts. if you have one you would be willing to let us use or drive it for us. Contact Ashley Hendrickson or Nathan Willett at 359-4110.
Homecoming is just around the corner! Some general information is below, in case you have questions.
Theme: Wizard of Oz - There's no place like home(coming)!
- Monday - Emerald City Green (wear something green)
- Tuesday - Oz Character Day (dress as your favorite Wizard of Oz character)
- Wednesday - Yellow Brick Road (wear something yellow)
- Thursday - Which Witch is Which (dress in pink, black, or in your best witch gear)
- Friday - Ruby Red Out (Freshmen, Sophomores, & Juniors deck out in all red, and Seniors wear togas)
Friday, October 7th:
- Outdoor Assembly during homeroom
- Parade @ 5:00pm
- Tailgate @ 5:30pm
- Football Game @ 7:00pm
Saturday, October 8th:
- Homecoming Dance 7:00 pm-10:00 pm in the lower gym at Park Hill High School (students will not be allowed into the building until 7:00 pm to check in)
- Semi-formal attire is recommended for the dance
- There will be no food served at the dance
- Tickets for the dance are $10 per person (cash or check) and will be sold during lunch from Monday, October 3rd through Thursday, October 6th
PSAT Registration Information
The PSAT (Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) will be offered to sophomores and juniors at PHHS on October 12th, 2022. If you would like more information, please visit the PSAT website, or contact your student's counselor (contact information below).
This test is for sophomores and juniors. It is only offered on October 12th, and no other date during the school year. For juniors, it is the test to qualify for National Merit Scholarship designation. For sophomores, the test is for practice and students will not be eligible for scholarship consideration. However, the results will provide students with AP potential feedback (a list of AP courses that might be appropriate for the student based on this test).
Click here to register for the PSAT. After registration closes, a $20 fee will be added to your student's Infinite Campus account, where you can pay online through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Please sign up as soon as possible because we only offer a limited number of tests which are available on a first come, first serve basis.
PHHS Counselor Contact Information by Student Last Name
Darcy Lucas (A - Ce) LucasD@parkhill.k12.mo.us
Jamie Lisi (Ch - Gi) LisiJ@parkhill.k12.mo.us
Amy Morais (Gj - K) MoraisA@parkhill.k12.mo.us
David Mesh (L - O) MeshD@parkhill.k12.mo.us
Janie Smith (P - Sn) SmithJ@parkhill.k12.mo.us
Janna Cash (So – Z) CashJ@parkhill.k12.mo.us
LEAD Counselor Contact Information
Amanda Shanks (LEAD A - K) ShanksA@parkhill.k12.mo.us
Rachel Colvin (LEAD L - Z) ColvinR@parkhill.k12.mo.us
As you mark items off of your "to-do" list for back-to-school, please consider the following important items:
- November 22- Senior salutes are due to the yearbookforever.com site. Prices vary depending on page size. Please register your ad at yearbookforever.com! The Troyian staff will design your salute with pictures and text that you provide through the order process.
- January 27 is the absolute last day to pre-order a yearbook! After this date, any available books will be sold "first come, first served."
- Yearbooks will be distributed at the end of the school year in mid-May.
- Please consider following us on Instagram @ParkHillYearbook for updates, sneak peeks, and a look at the book in progress!
If you have any yearbook-related questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time and consideration, we truly appreciate your ongoing support!
Photography, Publications Advisor
Coffee with Dr. Kincheloe
TIME: 8:00 a.m.—9:00 a.m.
WHERE: PHHS Lobby Conference Room
Join Dr. Kincheloe in the lobby conference room for an informal discussion about Park Hill High School. This is a great opportunity for you to ask questions about our school philosophy, how class sections are formed, technology, testing, community connections, or whatever is on your mind. Drop by and share your thoughts and concerns. We’ll keep the coffee hot for you.
Mental Health Resources
Click here for mental health resources.
National Hispanic Heritage month spans from September 15-October 15 by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America. Check out the counseling department's bulletin board recognizing this beautiful culture!
Trojan of the Week
Our Leadership Council was really excited to award Alexandra Thomas the Trojan of The Week as we get to take on the #1 team in the state tonight at home! Ms. Thomas is someone our players feel goes above and beyond the call of duty and is always showing great pride in their job and in our school. We will send a Football T-Shirt your way as a small token of our gratitude. Thank you for all of your hard work!
Parent Schoology Access Video Tutorial
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Video Tutorial
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Log-in
District staff and students can call or chat with the Help Desk Monday-Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. You can also submit a Help Desk ticket online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 816-359-5000