The Box Turtle
Learn all you need to know to have your own Box Turtle!
Caring for your turtle!
· Occasional Cleaning, the turtle and his habitat
· Changes in temperature and lighting play a role in triggering changes in appetite
· Clean the feces and urine regularly, so it wont accumulate in resting or sleeping areas
· If more than one turtle, each turtle should have its own plate of food, placed in the same area each time.
· The food should be removed after being placed in there an hour
· Water bowls should have clean water placed in them daily, and scrubbed every three to four days
· Make sure the pen is accurate according to the turtles size
· Always take care of unsanitary conditions
But wait your turtle needs to eat!
1. Box Turtles are Omnivores
Protein that Box Turtles need;
· Live Earthworms, Slugs, Waxworms, Beetles, Grubs, and Sow Bugs
· Boiled chopped Chicken, Feeder Fish, Beef Heart
· Summer and winter squashes, peas in the pod, sweet potatoes, okra, graded carrots, green beans, waxed beans, cactus pads with all spines removed
Leafy Dark Greens
· Collard greens, Mustard greens, dandelion greens, romaine, wheat grass, and turnip greens
· Grapes, apples, fresh frigs, blackberry, raspberries, mulberries, peaches, crab apples, strawberries, cantaloupe, kiwis, cherries, bananas, persimmons