SPS District 186 Parent Engagement Roundtable
Let's Talk About Assessments
Our next step is to help parents/families know more about the types of test, when they are given and the purpose of tests so they can support the school and their children. Below are two resources to start the home-school conversations about assessment:
!. Parent tips for talking with teachers about assessment.
2. Teacher tips for talking with Parents about assessment.
3. Talking with your child about assessments.
Professional Growth Systems
Kelly Sholtis, Prevention & Professional Growth System Coordinator, shared teacher evaluation and student growth with families on the Parent Engagement Roundtable.
Some Key points the group learned:
- District 186 evaluation system is based on the Charlotte Danielson Framework
- Personnel in the school who have a Type 75 certification and have completed the Teachscape modules do staff evaluations.
Senate Bill 7 changed lay off procedures. If the district would have to reduce force because of budget teachers will be laid off based on performance and job qualifications first, with seniority playing a “tie breaker role.”
- Parents and students discussed if there was a way they could provide feedback on evaluations in the future.
Town Hall Event ‘Only One Rule RESPECT’
Third Annual Mid-West Family Broadcasting / Springfield Bully Prevention Task Force (SBPTF) Town Hall Event to promote a community where all are respected.
Topic: Bullying Awareness/Cyber-bullying
DATE: October 20, 2015
TIME: 6pm - 7:30pm - Doors Open at 5:30PM
PLACE: Southeast High School
WHO is invited: Students, Staff, Parents, and Community
Parent Engagement Roundtable Meeting
Wednesday, Sep. 2nd, 5:30pm
1900 W Monroe St
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Stay informed this year! District 186 School Board Meetings held on the first and third Monday of each month in the Board Room of the administrative offices located at 1900 West Monroe Street. They are open to the public, on Channel 22 & YouTube.