P.S. 212Q Weekly Update
October 1, 2021
I hope you get to enjoy this beautiful autumn weekend. Get outside, take a walk or a bike ride, go apple or pumpkin picking, and especially enjoy this refreshing October weather.
Remember to meet Mrs. Ettinger on Friday mornings at 8:15 to walk around Jackson Heights.
Events this week:
- October 5th - PTA PK and K meet and greet, 83rd Street Schoolyard 8:15am. Ms. Flores' Active Parenting workshop in Spanish - 8:15 am in person, vaccination status required.
- October 7th - Tea with Three 8:15 am in person, vaccination status required. Pre-Kindergarten vision screening.
- October 8th - Wellness Walking Group 8:15 am 82nd Street & 35th Avenue with Mrs. Ettinger. Ms. Flores' Virtual Cornell Workshop.
**Brighter Bites is canceled until further notice. We hope to be able to restart the program soon.**
- October 11 No school
- October 13 Picture Day PK, K & 1
- October 14 Picture Day 2 & 3
- October 15 Picture Day 4 & 5
- November 4th Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences (there was a typo on the first calendar.)
Laura Miniero, Principal (IA)
In the event we go fully remote
All Google Classroom instruction will begin at 8:30 am and will end at 2:00 pm.
Each teacher will post their schedule for the day and the Zoom link on their Google Classroom page.
If your child has art, PE, music, Brain Power, or technology, they will have that subject at their normal time, depending upon the day of the week. For example, if your child has PE on Monday period 2, they will have PE at 9:00 am. The PE teacher will post a link in your child’s Google Classroom and on their page.
To access Google Classroom and other digital resources:
1) Sign in to: https://teachhub.schools.nyc/
2) Enter your child’s user name, NOT the full email address.
3) Enter your child’s password
If you do not know your child’s password, please fill out this digital form:
Once you log in you need to go to the K-12 tab and look for the Google Classroom App.
Choose Google Classroom and accept the invitation to join for each digital class.
If your child does not have a device, you can request one by completing this link: https://tinyurl.com/2hpy6xk3
If you require any assistance, please contact Ms. Flores at OFlores3@schools.nyc.gov and she will connect you with support.
*This letter was backpacked home to all Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten families on October 1st.*
P.S. 212Q Celebrates
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Anti-Racism (I.D.E.A.) Committee
IDEA parent forum on Monday, October 18th at 7:00 pm.
Parent Discussion about Inclusion and Equity, hosted by the I.D.E.A. Committee.