York Central High School
Schedule your Senior year!
- Senior course selection and college planning is going on now! Students should be meeting with Mrs. Hussar in the next two weeks.
- During your meeting you will review your transcript, credits, PSATs (if taken), and begin to research post high school opportunities.
- Students should keep track of their appointment and share those times with parents. Please call the
- Students will be receiving a Parent /Student Junior Handbook for post secondary guidance
- Please see the YCS course description book for all courses offered.
View some of our electives in the flipgrid videos below!
SAT SCHOOL DAY- MARCH 25th
YCS is offering the SAT test here on campus on Wednesday March 25th! The cost of the test is 49.50 per student and checks can be made out to YCS. Please sign up in the counseling office ASAP as seats will run out.
Junior Year Timeline
· Check our website www.yorkcsd.org to find important dates
· Take the SAT/ACT!!!!
· Search for scholarships. There are many you can receive as a Junior.
· Log onto your Naviance account and do searches!
· Work on your Resume- keep track of all the great things you are doing!
· Visit college campuses every chance you get!
· Check your Gmail accounts and your calendar
· 8th ACT
· 14th- deadline to register for March SAT
· 28th- deadline for April ACT
· Talk to your parents, counselors, teachers about what colleges/careers you are interested in
· Meet with your counselor (let your parents know when you signed up!!!!) to create your senior schedule, talk about college and review the PSAT
· Decide when you will take ACT’s/SAT’s - get yourself registered on time!
· Division I or II athletes should see their counselor to discuss NCAA clearinghouse.
· 14th- SAT
· GO TO THE NATIONAL COLLEGE FAIR- we are taking a field trip there on Monday March 16th
· 3rd- deadline for May SAT
· 4th- ACT
· Visit colleges over Spring Break.
· Attend college fairs.
· AP Exams May 4th-15th
· 2nd SAT
· 8th deadline for June SAT and ACT
· Visit colleges.
· 6th SAT
· 13th- ACT
· Prepare for your final exams and do your best!
· Enjoy the sunshine!
· Set up interviews at your college choices. VISIT, VISIT, VISIT!!
· Review your Senior Schedules
· Open House and Senior Parent College Prep Night 6pm, HS AUD
· Sign up for your Senior Meeting with your Counselor
· Meet with college admissions reps who come to visit our school- Counseling Calendar of Events
· Attend college fairs at the malls.
· COME TO YOUR SENIOR MEETING!!!
· GCC rep for ACE credits
· Know application deadlines for the schools and scholarships you wish to apply to. They may vary and it is essential to meet all deadlines!
· Review your applications, transcript, activities resume and college essays with your parents, school counselors to ensure they are accurate and complete.
· COME TO YOUR SENIOR MEETING!!!!!
· If you have not completed the required tests or if you are not happy with your scores register for the upcoming SAT’s, ACT’s. Have official test scores sent to the colleges you are applying to.
· If the colleges require recommendations, ask the appropriate people to write on your behalf.
Oh and…..COME TO YOUR SENIOR MEETING!!!
Regents & Advanced Regents Diploma Required Exams and Credits
English: 4 Credits, 1 Exam
Social Studies: 4 Credits , 2 Exams
Math: 3 Credits ,1 Exam or 3 Exams for ADV
Science: 3 Credits 1 Exam or 2 Exams for ADV
Foreign Language: 1 Credit *3 credits for ADV, 1 Exam or 2 Exams for ADV
Art/Music: 1 Credit
Health: 0.5 Credits
Physical Education: 2 Credits
Electives: 3.5 Credits
TOTAL: 22 Credits