First Grade Favorites
FREE & fun online resources for reading & math practice!
IStation is a computer-delivered program that provides individualized reading instruction for all students. Through this link, you can download the IStation program at home for free! Please contact your child's teacher if you need log-in information.
XtraMath is a fast and fun way for students to practice and master their addition facts. We use this resource during our math stations and/or computer lab time. We love XtraMath! Please contact your child's teacher for their log-in PIN number.
IXL Math is a great resource that covers 180 skills that students learn in first grade. Kids can access practice questions in each category, track their progress & earn cool awards. Please contact your child's teacher for their username & password.
PBS Kids is an exciting and interactive website with fun games, videos and challenges for kids. We love the Wild Kratts page! Check it out!
Starfall is a free public website that allows students to build and practice critical reading skills through fun games and interactive content.
Sheppard Software offers hundreds of free online games, activities, quizzes and articles for students. There are sections for all subjects and age groups.
FunBrain is home to more than 100 fun, interactive games that help students in pre-K through 8th grade develop skills in math, reading, and literacy. Kids can also read a variety of popular books & comics on the site, including Diary of a Wimpy Kid!
Apps for iOS Devices
- iStation.com (by iStation.com, FREE!)
- IXL Math (by IXL Learning, FREE!)
- XtraMath (by XtraMath, $4.99)
- Handwriting Without Tears: Wet-Dry-Try Suite (by Handwriting Without Tears & Get Set for School, $6.99)
- Monkey Word School Adventure (by THUP Games, $1.99)
- Rocket Speller Plus (by Little Big Thinkers, $2.99)
- Amazing Coin USD (by Joy Preschool Game, FREE!)
- Freefall Money - Coin Math for Kids (by Merge Mobile, $1.99)