iPads and IEPs!
8:00 am: Check-in and orientation for new iPad users
8:30 am: Welcome and Introductions
9:00 am: Navigating the iPad—Keyboard, search options, Safari, settings, accessibility,
camera, screen shots, brightness, sounds and more...
9:45 am: Break
10:00 -11:30 am:
- Video—iPad inspirational story;
- Exploring apps;
- How to find apps—Lists on the web, app store, etc;
- Apps to help different types of students optimize use of the iPad; and
- Gathering and tracking data.
Participants will be able to:
- Navigate the iPad and the app store more effectively to plan intervention for students;
- Use the app store and the web to find appropriate apps for student learning;
- Develop a specific plan for students who would benefit from using the iPad;
- Learn how to connect IEP/learning goals to iPad apps;
- Set up the iPad for efficient use; and
- Gather data to document progress.