December 8 - 12
"Someone told me that the average kindergartner laughs 300 times a day, while an adult averages 17 times."
Hour of Code or Five Days of Code @ MGES
Interested in more info, visit http://hourofcode.com/us.
Thanks Gail and Melisa for bringing this to our students. Heather is also integrating Hour of Code into her art classroom. Ask her how! It's really cool.
Changes to HVAC Units at MGES - from Kim Melander
- The unit fans will now cycle on and off automatically to provide heating or cooling as required. Previously, the fan would always run on the selected speed at the wall switch and the occupants would have to turn them off manually if desired. We ask that they now be left in one of the three selectable speeds, Low, Medium or High. If they are placed in the Off position, the system can-not heat or cool the space.
- Teachers can now adjust their room temperature set point. This is done at the wall sensor using the up or down arrow keys. The set-point will display and flash temporarily when these buttons are depressed. The room temperature will display otherwise and this value does not flash. Please remember that the unit will attempt to maintain the room temperature at the room temperature set-point. The room temperature is sensed by the wall sensor and in most cases they are located next to the classroom door to the hallway. Room readings can be affected when the classroom door is left open.
Monday, December 15
If you are planning on having special lunch for your classroom anytime between now and Christmas vacation, please let Gayla know in advance so she can prepare accordingly.
At least a day or two notice or more if possible.
Due to numerous incidents at recess on the zipline, I've had the piece removed. Please remind your kids to play safely.
- Happy Monday!
- Dr. Pew visits our classrooms (Cancelled)
- Faculty Meeting
- Spirit Day at Chick-fil-A - 6:30AM - 10pm
- Moree at Principal Induction
- Moree at Principal Induction
- Moree meeting with Dr. Pew @ 11AM
- Dutchman Creek Band to perform for 5th grade at 11am in Abril's room
- Grade Level PLC Minutes Due to Canvas
Reading Coach's Corner
- Be sure to get a HARD level for each child.
- Be sure to fill out a summary form for mid year AND a different summary form for end of year.
- Don't forget to fill out the box for independent level, instructional level and recommended placement level. (Sometimes you may have a child that doesn't have an instructional level. That's OK)
- And last, but not least, remember that each proper nouns only count as an error one time. (For ex: if "John" is in the story 6 times, and each time the child reads John as James, just count it once.)
- I have some books that have been donated and would be great additions to your classroom. I will have them in my room on Wednesday afternoon. Please come take a look and take what you would like.
- Don't forget to take a look at the new books in the book room!
- I'll be putting a holiday shaped cut out in your mailbox next week. Please write your favorite holiday tradition on it and put it in my box. Thanks!
Mark Your Calendar
December15 - Kristen Hahn (Math) PLT
16 - Dental Presentation
---- 8:15 - Second Grade, K. Baker, Williams
---- 9:00 - Fifth Grade, S. Baker, Nichols
16 - Faculty Party - Info to come
16 - Holiday Performance @ 6pm
17 - PTA Lunch and Desserts
19 - F&P Window Closes
19 - Gallant Girls and Knights of the Round Table to Winthrop Ballet @ 9:15
19 - Holiday Performances at School: 8:15 - K, 2, 5; 9:00 - 1, 3
5 - Welcome Back!
15 - Half Day Dismissal
16 - Workday
19 - MLK - No School
20 - Kim Anderson (Science) PLT