WB Library Tidbits
August 31- September 4
Library Schedule for September 1-4:
Open Check Out: 8:00-8:30 am, 2:00-2:30 pm
(Feel free to send 2-3 kids down at a time who need to return/check out a new book! during these times this week!)
*I will be helping with AIMSweb testing for the rest of the week. The library will be closed to students other than the times listed above.
I am working on the overall Library schedule to begin once AIMSweb testing is over. Keep these things in mind as we move forward:
- We will have Open Checkout time everyday from 9-10:30. You will be able to send kids 2-3 at a time during this time to check out.
- Monthly themed library lessons will begin in September! As soon as AIMSweb testing is over, I will get everyone signed up.
- You will also be able to sign up for other times for various reasons: class check out, collaborative lessons where I can reinforce skills you are teaching in class, etc.
Please sign up! The first 10 teachers who order a book from Limitless will get a treat from me! New teachers, let me know if it isn't working for you!
Our amazing partnership with the Nashville Public Library is called Limitless Libraries (you'll hear me talk about this a lot!). As an educator, you can check out up to 100 books from the public library for your classroom. Best part is: THEY DELIVER THEM TO SCHOOL FOR YOU!
Here is how it works:
1. Go to the website: http://www.limitlesslibraries.org/
2. Click "Account Login" (top right corner).
3. Enter Library Card Number (this is your employee ID number) and PIN (everyone's is 2015). *You can change it once you log in. Also, please add your email to your account!
4. Find the books you want and click "place hold". Make sure the delivery site is Waverly Belmont.
5. When your books get here, I will bring them to you!
Returning is easy too! Send them back to me and I will ship them back!
Featured Website: Culture Grams
Check it out! http://online.culturegrams.com/kids/index.php
We have free access to Culture Grams. Use this website in Social Studies to explore countries! It includes photos, slideshows, interview, videos, etc from many countries around the world.
Our Online Catalog!
Want to see if we have a book in our library? Here is our online catalog! Please save this link to your computer! You can look up items on the Kid's Catalog or the LS2 Catalog at the right of the . Let me know if you have any issues.