November 22, 2019
If you need this document translated, please scroll to the bottom of the page for the translation feature.
Si usted necesita este documento traducido, por favor desplácese a la parte inferior de la página para la característica de traducción.
Se você precisar deste documento traduzido, por favor enrole ao fundo da página para a característica de tradução.
إذا كنت بحاجة إلى ترجمة هذا المستند ، فالرجاء التمرير إلى أسفل الصفحة للحصول على ميزة الترجمة.
November 27 EARLY RELEASE 10:45
November 28 and 29 NO SCHOOL-Thanksgiving Break
December 3 NHS Blood Drive 8:00-1:00 pm
December 12 BHS Winter Concert 7:00 pm
Student Council Toy Drive
NHS and NJHS with Drama Club - presents at Annual Conference
Spain Trip February 2021
SPAIN February 2021
There is still time for any interested 8-11th grade students to sign up for the Spain February 2021 trip (Madrid and Barcelona).
Find tour details and a link to sign up here: eftours.com/2279053MD.
Class of 2023 Fundraiser
Please click the link below for more information!
Bridgewater State University has invited qualified juniors and seniors at Bellingham High School to participate in their Dual Enrollment Program for Spring 2020. Certain courses at Bridgewater will be offered to high school students at a reduced rate of $200.00 per 3 credit course. Students could potentially earn college credit for these courses.
If juniors or seniors are interested in getting more information about the Dual Enrollment Program at Bridgewater State University, please see their school counselor. The application deadline is December 2, 2019.
Students must choose classes that meet after school hours and must provide their own transportation.
From the Athletic Director's Desk
A quick reminder that our Fall Sports Awards Night will be held this Monday, November 25th @ 6:30 in the auditorium.
Also there is still time to sign up for a winter sport!
There will be a Winter Meet the Coach opportunity for parents and student-athletes following the awards night (also in the auditorium) @ 7:45 pm. The only exception is hockey who already had such a meeting.
Here are some thoughts on the most asked topics ...
1. We offer 5 winter sports - Basketball (Boys/Girls), Cheer, Indoor Track (Boys/Girls), Hockey (Boys/Girls), and Wrestling (co-ed).
2. FamilyID was closed for 3 days this past week so that our Athletic Trainer could check medical information and for our Athletic Director to go through payments. It is open now and will stay open until Thanksgiving, so there is still time to talk about the benefits of being a multi-sport athlete and register/pay.
3. Even if your favorite sport is in the Fall or Spring, the winter season is where we maintain our conditioning and stay sharp for that favorite sport.
4. Wrestling is co-ed. The MIAA now has season ending state championships for both boys and girls and not simply one state tournament. They wrestle based on weight class and we have had at least one girl on the team for the past 3 years.
5. We are part of a six school co-operative girls hockey team playing out of the Hopedale rink. To participate you must register on both the Bellingham and Dover/Sherborn (host school) FamilyID.
6. If you are a three-sport (Fall/Winter/Spring) student-athlete there is an added $50 discount when you register in the spring.
7. 8th graders can play a Varsity Sport because as a grade 8 - 12 school the MIAA "Varsity" clock still does not start ticking until 9th grade.
8. The practice commitment does vary by sport but generally sub-varsity practices Mon - Fri while Varsity may practice/compete six days a week.
9. The league schedules are set and with 95% certainty the coaches know what their practice schedules look like for you to plan your schedules around. It is not uncommon for students to work on weekends around any practice schedules that may be in place.
10. As one of the smaller schools in the Tri-Valley League we need more participants to maintain our competitiveness.
Lastly, if you have a question, please reach out to either the Athletic Director (firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.966.4283) or the Varsity coaches