ADL Announcements 11/7/2019
(These are sent each Thursday school is in session.)
- Friday, November 8, Select Music Students to District Jazz Festival at Camels Hump Middle School
- Monday, November 11, 6:30 PM, Musical meeting for parents/guardians and students in the cafeteria
- Thursday, November 14, 7:00 PM, Fall Band Concert
- Thursday, November 21, 6-8:00 PM, Alchemy Parent Meeting in cafeteria
- Friday, November 22, 12:10-2:20 PM, Unified Sports Team to Spare Time
- Mon-Tues, November 25-26, Teacher In-Service (NO CLASSES)
- Wed-Fri, November 27-29, School Closed
- Friday, December 6, Afterschool Movie for students, 3:30-5:30 PM in library
- Thursday, December 12, 7:00 PM, Holiday Concert
- Mon-Wed, December 23-January 1, Holiday Recess/School Closed
Basketball Sign Ups/Open Gym
Basketball Open Gym schedule:
Monday 11/11, 3:30-4:30 girls 4:30-5:30 boys
Tuesday 11/12, 2:30-3:30 girls 3:30-4:30 boys
Wednesday 11/13, 3:30-4:30 girls 4:30-5:30 boys
Winter Coats/Blanket Drive 10/28-11/15
With the cold season among us, we want to give back and help those in need around the Burlington area. In Vermont today, there are over 1,000 people who have no where to call home. By donating your unneeded blanket and coats we can help those stay warm this season.
Help Saint Michael's College help our community! ADL has a box in the main office for donations. Donate your blankets and coats!!
Will add information as clubs start meetings.
- Art Club will start on Friday, November 1st, 3:15-4:30 PM, and meet every other Friday in the Art room. Mrs. Logan is the advisor.
- Chess, Cribbage and Card Playing Club meets every Wednesday morning from 7:15-8:15 in Mr. Gustafson's room #C6.
- Computer Club
- D&D Club will be starting soon! Any students interested in participating should attend an informational meeting from 3:15-3:45 PM in Mrs. Kurnit's room C10, Thursday, October 31st.
- Dance Club will meet on Thursdays, 3:30-4:15 PM. Meet in front of the health office. Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary! Mrs. Dalla-Mura is the advisor.
- Doodle Club will start on Friday, October 25, 3:15-4:30 PM, and meet every other Friday in the Art room. Mrs. Logan is the advisor.
- Fiber Arts Club Do you want to make a MONSTER? The club will be making needle felted monsters this fall. The club meets every Thursday morning from 7:30 to 8:10 in room B20. No experience necessary and the supplies will be provided. Mrs. Bilodeau-Meek is the advisor.
- Geo Bee
- International Club Do you like to travel? Visit new places? Do you find people, places and food from around the world interesting? Then come to our first meeting after school in Madame Tupaj's room C26 on Thursday, November 14th, 3:15-4:00 PM. We're going to have a lot of fun as we travel the world with music, maps and of course, there will be food!
- Math Club is on Wednesdays, 3:15-4:15 PM, in room B23. Mrs. Zimmerman is the advisor. This year ADL will be giving the AMC 8 exam on Thursday, November 14 after school. This is a national math exam for middle school students. There are 25 questions and it takes about 60 minutes. If you are interested in participating you must see Mrs. Zimmerman by November 8th. Space is limited.
- Yearbook Club meetings will be on Tuesdays at 2:15 in room B5. Ms. Edwards is the advisor.
Want to keep updated on the ADL PAWS projects and events?
Don't miss out! "Like" the "PAWS ADL" page on Facebook today! The facebook page will share info about ongoing opportunities to support your school community at ADL. From volunteering your time, donating baked goods, to events we'll be hosting for ADL students and family, there are lots of things to like! Click below to "like" our Facebook page and stay connected and involved!