Authentic Prospecting Language
"What do I say?" "How do I ask?"
How to use this info
This document will break down how you can ask people (who you don't necessarily know) to hear about the business.
The language provided are suggestions only and it is recommended that you put your own spin and personality into it.
This document will also give you tips on how to develop real authentic relationships and connections with people. The key is understanding how to relate to people and have them REMEMBER YOU for how you made THEM FEEL
Who are you looking for? DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
You need to start thinking about the EXACT types of people that you want to work with. This helps you narrow in on the people that you encounter daily, either in real life or virtually. Once you know who you want as a partner in this business, you'll find them and then be able to organically build a connection with them, because they are YOUR PEOPLE.
Meet My Ideal Partners
Molly is super into fitness. She loves to share her lifestyle on social media; her diet, her workouts etc, and she always has a smile on her face. She is driven and organized, which I gather from her Instagram page, and she is educated in what's healthy and what's toxic. She wants to expand her brand while making an income -she just doesn't know how.
Donna is a BOSS BABE. She is always well dressed and put together. She posts tons of motivational quotes because they speak to her soul. She has a family and loves posting silly stories about her kids. You can tell it breaks her heart when she has to leave them behind whenever she goes into work. She wants out of her 9-5 job, so she can be home with her kids and live a life of fulfillment on her terms.
Laura is a teacher. She lives a pretty simple life. Her daily routines have been the same for years. She is vegan and dabbles in cooking up fun recipes for the Vegan community. Laura is passionate about helping people which is why she got into teaching, but she is frustrated with the school system. She also wants to make more money so she can travel and experience more of what life has to offer. She is sucker for name brands, buying purses that are maybe out of her price range. ;) And finally she wants to be a part of a thriving community that gives her a sense of belonging and purpose.
Establish a connection first
When you are ready to ask people to take a look at the business, this means you should have already established some sort of connection with them. This doesn't mean you have to be long time friends - it just means that you're not a total random stranger. For example; on social media, sending emojis, liking their posts, and even commenting on their stories, counts as establishing a connection. Even if they have never engage back, they at least know you've been watching them and people like to be SEEN!
Keep it simple and straight to the point
- Hey girl! or (Hey insert name) I just wanted to reach out and say I love your vibe and I love that we are loving on each other's posts. This may seem completely random but I have a quick question for you
- Hey gorgeous or (Hey insert name), loved chatting with you the other day! I have a quick question for you! :)
***Wait for them to respond***
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit?
- Have you ever thought about owning your own business?
- Have you ever wondering about being your own boss?
*** WAIT for them to answer*** (remember this is a conversation)
- That's awesome!! Well would you be open to hearing about what I do? To be honest, I've been dying to share it with you because I think you might be interested. I own an online business and I'm looking to partner with people just like you!
- Perfect!! I would LOVE to share with you what I do, if you're open to hearing about it! I own an online business and I keep thinking about you and all your awesomeness - who knows it might be a fit and it would be SO fun to work together!!
- Amazing!! Would you be open to hearing about my online franchise? I can share with you how I'm able to earn a side stream of income in any economy. It's made such a huge difference in me and my family's life.
If they say NO to the Pre-Ask question, STILL ask anyway...bc I've had people still say yes!
- LOL! That's fair! Well I was just asking because I actually have an online business and I never thought I wanted one (add that only if it's true) but I have been loving it. I work with the most amazing people just like you, which is why I thought of you, and I get to earn money on the side. Just thought if you were open to it, I'd love to share what I actually do!
When they say YES...BOOK the video chat ASAP
- AWESOME! I'm so excited to chat with you!! It'll be a quick video call. Are you available....?
** I always give people a specific date and time.
** If they don't want to do a video chat offer a quick phone call (and it can be a 3-way with your upline)
***Reminder to please sound authentic and do not mass produce these messages***
***This is about building rapport and having honest conversations***
***Don't wait too long to ask because you will psych yourself out of doing it -small talk becomes inauthentic after too long. Get straight to the point. People want transparency and we are asking them to take a look at how we can potential change their lives!!***
This is an IC who was able to take bits and pieces of the language to successfully book up her calendar!!
10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation
THIS VIDEO IS THE BOMB!! This is what helped many in the beginning of my business to have better conversations with people, not just with Arbonne but in ALL aspect of their personal and professional life!
These skills may help you have success with booking DA's. This is the secret sauce!
If they aren't ready for a video chat....
...then thank goodness for Arbonne's BEAUTIFUL videos about the company and the opportunity.
Send these short videos and MAKE SURE to FOLLOW UP! It's keeps the prospects engaged and a reason for you to continue chatting with them.