Creek Band - 9/21/20 to 9/27/20
Weekly Newsletter of the Clear Creek High School Band
Weekly Marching Band Rehearsal Schedule
- Monday, September 21st - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday, September 22nd - 3:45pm to 6:15pm
- Thursday, September 24th - 3:45pm to 6:15pm
***Possible makeup rehearsal Friday, September 25th from 3:45pm to 6:15pm.***
Weather is likely to disrupt our rehearsals this week. We will make decisions by 1pm each day as to plans regarding the daily rehearsal.
We will plan a makeup rehearsal for Friday, September 25th from 3:45pm to 6:15pm should we lose one or more rehearsals this week. We will confirm that rehearsal if needed by Tuesday evening. Please put the Friday rehearsal on your calendar. If you have a conflict that cannot be avoided on Friday, please e-mail Mr. Fincher.
Our first performance is in less than 3 weeks...our time is precious to prepare for a great first show!
Announcements, Events, and Information
Stay on top of your grades!
As we approach the end of the first 6 weeks of school, remember that your academic progress is critical to your high school career!
If you need academic help, ask a fellow band member for it. We are a team, and your peers will help you be academically successful.
The next grade report is September 25th. All students must be earning the following grades at the first 6 weeks grade reporting period to continue participation in marching per state guidelines:
- Regular courses - 70 or higher
- Pre-AP or AP Courses - 60 or higher
Students who do not have at least these grades in all classes will no longer be able to participate in any marching band activities starting on October 16th. Students will have the opportunity to regain eligibility to participate by passing ALL of their courses at the 9-Week grade report on October 9th.
Do you have a business that wants to sponsor the hard working students of the Creek Band program?
Please consider being a sponsor of the Clear Creek Band!
Do you frequent a business that would be a great sponsor?
Sponsors will be recognized on the Creek Band trailers as well as at all marching band performances, concert programs, weekly newsletters, and social media releases.
3rd Annual Mattress Sale
Please promote our 3rd Annual Mattress Sale!
Sunday, October 4th from 12pm to 6pm at League City Intermediate!
Share this link with all your friends, family, and neighbors!
2020 Football Schedule & Transportation
In order to maintain appropriate social distancing, we will be limiting the use of school buses for the Fall of 2020.
We are only attending games that are close enough to CCHS for our parents and driving students to transport themselves. If a student does not have a ride, they may ride the bus, however we are asking that all students/guardians who can provide their own transportation do so.
Here are the specifics:
- Students who are of legal driving age can and should drive themselves to Challenger Columbia (and Dickinson HS should that game be attended.) Note: Students may not drive other students (except for siblings) under any circumstances.
- Parents/guardians are asked to transport their students to each game. Parents will need to drop off and pick up their students at the designated times. Students will need to arrive at designated times and cannot leave the game early.
In order to plan for needed bus transportation, all parents/guardians should complete this form ASAP. Please complete the form to the best of your ability at this point. You will have the opportunity to change your answers as we get closer to each date.
2020 Football Schedule as of 9.7.2020
- Thursday, October 8th - vs. Brazoswood (Senior Night)
- Friday, October 16th - vs. Dickinson
- Friday, October 23rd - vs. Clear Brook (Homecoming)
- Thursday, October 29th - vs. Clear Springs
- Friday, November 6th - vs. Clear Lake
- Thursday, November 12th - vs. Clear Falls
- Sunday, October 4th - 3rd Annual Mattress Sale - League City Intermediate - 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- Thursday, October 8th - Football vs. Brazoswood (Senior Night) - Challenger Columbia - 6:00pm
- Friday, October 16th - Football vs. Dickinson - Dickinson High School - 7:00pm
- Friday, October 23rd - Football vs. Clear Brook (Homecoming) - Challenger Columbia - 7:00pm