North Ohio Elementary
August 2021 Newsletter
A message from the principal...
North Ohio is very excited to welcome families back to the 2021-2022 school year. Last year we learned that when we work together, almost anything is possible. Our students made growth, both academically and socially. Our staff found ways to create engaging, dynamic, and fun classroom communities despite all the challenges that COVID brought, and this year will be even better.
Our goal is to have each and every student enjoy coming to a safe and nurturing school environment each day. The staff has been working diligently to prepare for the upcoming school year. Your child's safety and academic progress is of the utmost importance to us. The Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) has guided our planning and has been attached below for your reference. Please know that we expect that adjustments may need to be made as we begin the school year.
Enjoy the rest of your summer, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Mandy Bolen, Principal
Virtual Open House- Wednesday, September 1st @ 3pm
First Day of School (1st through 3rd)- Tuesday, September 7th
First Day of School (Kindergarten)- Thursday, September 9th @ 12:15 PM
First Full Day of Kindergarten- Friday, September 10th
No School Students/Staff PD- Monday, October 4th
No School Students/Staff PD- Monday, November 1st
No School Students/Firearms Day- Monday, November 15th
Thanksgiving Break- November 25th and 26th
North Ohio Elementary Virtual Open House
Free meals for students!
All students will receive one breakfast and lunch per day for the 2021-2022 school year at no cost. Gaylord Community Schools have mailed the free and reduced lunch applications. If your child qualifies, please fill out the application and return via mail, email, or applications may be done online by visiting www.gaylordschools.com. The applications will be saved and used to determine student eligibility for the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Teacher assignment letters will be mailed by August 27th. This mailing will also include information about directory opt out, preprinted emergency card, required daily health screening, network agreements, and traffic patterns.
- The student day will begin at 7:50 AM and end at 2:46 PM. Students will not be allowed to enter the building before 7:50 AM unless they have signed up for morning latchkey. Latchkey information is available at Latchkey.
- NOE staff will assist all students in locating their classrooms. According to the EOP parents/visitors are not allowed in the hallways or classrooms at this time. Please say your goodbye before they board the bus or exit your vehicle, this includes the first day of school.
- Students will eat breakfast in their classroom.
- In an effort to keep traffic flowing efficiently, please do not arrive early for drop off or pick up. Please do not park in the traffic lane by the front sidewalk. Students must exit and enter vehicles on the school side. Please see the arrival/dismissal information below, also being mailed in your welcome packet.
School Health Screening Agreement
A Note from the Transportation Department
Due to COVID-19 we will be following the following protocols. Thank you for your cooperation.
1) Masks: Students WILL be required to wear masks.
2) Hand Sanitizer: Dispensers have been placed on each bus. As the students enter, they will be required to use it. PLEASE be sure their backpacks are on and their hands are free.
3) Students will have assigned seats.
4) PM parent pick-ups: Pick-ups will only be allowed at the student's designated school. Once students have boarded the bus in the afternoon they will NOT be allowed to leave the bus, except at their designated bus stop.
5) There will be no transfers.