September 14th, 2023
Message from the Superintendent
Dear Raider Families,
Thank you for all you did to ensure a great start to the 2023-2024 school year. There’s a required level of patience and support as we all get back into our school routines. Today’s Raider Update includes an overview of our Raider, Set, Go feedback, the upcoming technology levy, and a reminder of all the not-to-be-missed Raider events.
RAIDER, SET, GO
While we received great feedback on how we might improve the experience, the overall feedback from the elementary Raider, Set, Go schedule has been extremely positive (see results below). Thank you to all who took the time to provide this valuable feedback, and remember there’s still time to have your voice heard. The final survey window closes on the 22nd.
Strong Schools. Strong Communities. I firmly believe the two go hand-in-hand, and I’m pleased to now be a part of the strong Hastings story. To stay strong, we need the technology tools and resources to help our students achieve and compete at the highest levels. This summer, the school board unanimously approved the request for a technology levy that will improve safety and learning and preserve general fund dollars for staff salaries and programs.
As we look ahead, I’ll be spending time discussing three key themes that bridge our Strong Schools, Strong Communities initiative:
Bridge to Learning - Providing kids with the tools to succeed
Bridge to Safety and Security - Allowing children to be ready to learn
Bridge to Innovation - Freeing up funds to reinvest in the classroom
Each theme ties back to specific needs to help our students be prepared for future success in the classroom and beyond. I'm looking forward to sharing more with you in the future. Shortly, we will launch our technology levy website. If you have questions about the referendum, visit this website, which will provide important updates about the referendum, the cost, and voting information.
Raider Events: Our students proudly compete, perform, and represent our Raider Nation. They highly value your attendance and support. I look forward to meeting all of you at our many events.
Dr. Tammy Champa
2023-2024 School Picture Information & Dates
Cahill Studios New Picture Day Process!
All galleries will be delivered to parents via email 2-5 business days after picture day. There will also be paper order forms available at the school if you would like to order your student's school headshot with a gray background with cash or check. All paper order forms must be given to the photographer on Picture Day.
Cahill Studios will be sending you a picture day reminder a week before picture day from the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, so keep a lookout! You'll be able to view their 100+ FREE background options so you can best coordinate your students' outfit! Don't forget to dress head to toe and get your haircuts done!
Don't like your first-day photos?
Wait to purchase photos, and your child can have their picture taken on Retake Day.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to Cahill Studios' dedicated Customer Service Team.
Office Number: 715-268-9363
Toll-Free Number: 866-229-0135
Remaining Picture Dates:
Wednesday, September 20th
Elementary Schools Picture Day
High School Picture Day
Tuesday, October 10th
Middle School Retake Day
Tuesday, October 17th
High School Retake Day
Wednesday, October 25th
Elementary Schools Retake Day
Hastings Community Health Fair
Have Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare? Renew Your Families Coverage
• UPDATE your contact information with Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare. Use your phone, computer, or a local library computer to go to the https://mn.gov/dhs/renewmycoverage/ website and follow the provided steps to update your contact information. Make sure Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare has your current mailing address, phone number, email, or other contact information. This way, they’ll be able to contact you when it’s time to renew your/your children’s coverage.
• RESPOND to the Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare renewal form when it arrives to keep your coverage. Be on the lookout for a letter from Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare. The letter may say that you need to fill out a form to renew your coverage. Fill it out and mail it in right away to help avoid a gap in your coverage or your child’s coverage. If the letter says that you and your children were already renewed, you’re all set!
• PARENTS should respond even if you don’t think you’re eligible—your kids could still be eligible!
- If you need further assistance, contact our district Family Resource Coordinator, Molly Cirillo, 651.480.7111 or email@example.com
- Tilden Community Center 651-480-7670
- Kennedy Elementary (K-4) 651-480-7221
- McAuliffe Elementary (K-4) 651-480-7390
- Pinecrest Elementary (K-4) 651-480-7280
- Hastings Middle School (5-8) 651-480-7060
- Hastings High School (9-12) 651-480-7470
- Hastings Alternative Learning Center 651-480-7690
*If you need any assistance in translating the Raider Update, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.