Teen Guide to Smart Dating
By: Kayla Lorentz and April Esser
Benefits to Abstinence-
- not getting pregnant at an early age
- not getting an STD/HIV
- no regrets
Avoiding unplanned sexual activity
3 situations to avoid that will help prevent unplanned sexual activity are...
- A party with alcohol or drugs involved
- Being alone with the person without a parent around
Consequences of early sexual activity
3 consequences for early sexual activity are...
- You could get pregnant
- You could get an STD
Characteristics of a healthy relationships and unhealthy romantic relationships
3 characteristics of healthy relationships are...
- Things in common
- Caring to each other
STDs: Teen Sexual Health
- You know what your partner is and is not willing to do
Ways to show affection
- Putting arm around each other
- Kissing each other on the cheek
- Holding hands
Refusal and pressure lines
P: Come on, everyone is doing it
R: No they are not, only 16% of teens have sex by the age of 15
P: Well everyone that I know is doing it
R: Well everyone that I know is not
What we learned...
- That only 16% of teens have sex at the age of 15
- That you could get an STD or HIV
- You could get pregnant at an early age