A Message from Mrs. Haymark
Dear Vogel Texans Families,
Spring has sprung and the end of the school year is on the horizon. We want to thank you for allowing us to support the educational growth of your students this year. Partnering alongside you for their overall achievement has brought us all immense joy.
Thank you for you continued support!
Christa Haymark, Principal
STAAR testing days are as follows:
April 25th - 5th ELA STAAR
April 26th - 6th ELA STAAR
April 27th - 5th and 6th ELA STAAR Make Up Testing
May 2nd - 5th Math STAAR
May 3rd - 6th Math STAAR
May 4th - 5th Science STAAR
May 5th - Math and Science STAAR Make Up Testing
We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you in advance!
March Madness Fundraiser
Spirit Night - April 14 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Last Spirit Night for the school year! Let's go have some fun!
GT Summer Testing
Oak Ridge HS Feeder Zone Smart Tag Information
You should have received an email from the transportation department about the new SMART Tags. The email from district is below. This new system will help us track students on the buses and increase student security. It is important that students have these daily. Thank you so much for your help in this.
Vogel Smart Tag Rollout:
- Vogel Students will be issued smart tag ID on Monday January 9th.
- Students will be required to have their smart tag ID to ride the bus starting Tuesday January 10th.
- Students who do not have a smart tag will load the bus last.
- Students will tap and go entering and exiting the bus.
- Do not bend, fold, or punch holes in the smart tag ID as the RFID will not work.
- LC's will implement an incentive program for students that bring their id's daily.
- Replacement smart tag ID will cost 5 dollars.
- Smart tag ID will also be scanned to purchase lunch and check out books from the library.
The District is excited to announce a new addition to student safety with the implementation of the first phase of the SMART tag™ I.D. system in the Oak Ridge High School feeder. Students in this feeder will begin using this system on January 10, 2023, with the initial use to scan bus riders boarding or exiting a bus. SMART tag™ uses safe passive technology which enables your child’s I.D. card to be programmed with a unique student number. This number can only be read by the SMART tag™ tablet installed on each CISD school bus, and the I.D. number is the only digital information on the card.
The goal is to have the SMART tag™ system fully implemented throughout the District by May 2023. Upon full implementation, parents/guardians will have the ability to sign up to receive text notifications of when their child’s bus will arrive for pick up in the morning and drop off in the afternoon.
When a student boards or exits the bus, the student will touch their SMART tag™ I.D. card on the SMART tag™ tablet (RFID reader) at the top of the stairs. This will allow the bus driver to determine if the student is on the right bus, as well as confirm that the student is getting off at the correct bus stop. The GPS capability is in the SMART tag™ tablet on the bus, not the SMART tag™ I.D. card.
Bus riders in the Oak Ridge feeder zone will receive SMART tag™ I.D. cards and a lanyard when they return to school in January. The success of the program in large part depends on students having their SMART tag™ I.D. card with them when they get on and off the bus. We ask for your help in this regard.
The District is excited about offering its families this new service, and we ask for your patience as we implement this new program. Your child’s SMART tag™ I.D. will also be used for cafeteria purchases and library book check-out.
For more information on the program including how the passive technology works, please visit the District’s SMART tag™ website. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the Conroe ISD Transportation Department’s Oak Ridge Center at 832-592-8850 or visit our transportation website.
Car Rider Reminders
2. All parents/guardians picking up in the afternoon must have 22-23 Vogel car rider tag. If you don't have a car rider tag for pick-up, please be prepared to show your ID.
3. There is NO left or right turn into the school drive when traveling on Geffert Wright. All cars entering the drive must cross over Geffert Wright from car rider line across the street from the school. Cars coming from Hanna or Maplewood all access the car rider line near the transportation building. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Student Check-out and Dismissal
As a reminder, parents who elect to check students out of school must do so before 3:30 pm. The afternoon is a busy time preparing for dismissal. We want to ensure that all changes get to teachers in plenty of time to inform students. When checking students out, please remember to bring your state issued ID with you. We appreciate all your patience and understanding with this process.
Remember to please refrain from picking students up in front of the school on Geffert Wright Drive or at the semi-circle on the street in front of the bus ramp as this is a safety hazard. The entrance for the car rider line is across the street from Vogel at the Bus Barn.
Drop off procedures for forgotten items
Please help your student be fully prepared for their day by ensuring that they have all needed materials (backpack, lunch, water bottle, etc...) before leaving for school in the morning.
To minimize interruptions to classrooms, please limit drop-offs to the following items:
- Water bottles and lunches may be placed on the Drop-off table before 10:30 a.m. at the front office. These items should be labeled with your child’s name and homebase teacher's name to ensure proper delivery. Students are encouraged to check the drop off table at the beginning of their lunch if they forgot it at home.
- If you need eye glasses delivered to your child, please do not put them on the drop-off table. Bring them to the office staff for immediate delivery to your child.
- Any class work or homework that is dropped off will be placed in the teacher’s mailbox to be picked up during the day.
Delivery of flowers, balloons, etc. to students at school are not permitted.
7 & 10 No School
25 5th Reading STAAR
26 6th Reading STAAR
27 Reading STAAR Make-ups
2 5th Math STAAR
3 6th Math STAAR
4 5th Science STAAR
5 Math/Science STAAR Make-ups
2022-2023 School Calendar
2023-2024 School Calendar
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.