Tanks in WWI
By: Alexis A., Jaslyn E., and Morgan V.
The Start of Tanks
| || |
The 799 Tank
This was one of the world's best tank. It was made in England in the early twentieth century. it got 4th place in the world's best tanks list.
One of the biggest tanks used during WWI.
Facts About Tanks In WWI
2. These tanks were also made to deal with the problems of barbed wire.
3. Tanks were very difficult to control and maneuver over thick mud and uneven ground of the Western Front.
4. Farm equipment and caterpillar tracks gave men the idea for tanks during WWI.
5. The nickname "tank" was because they look like a metal water carrier.
6. Tanks were mostly named male or female by their owners. (This was determined by how many guns the tanks had)