Using Learning Games
To Review & Practice ELAR TEKS
Getting Students Excited About Learning!
Games are a great research-based strategy that engages learners in meaningful review and practice for all of the ELAR TEKS. During this seminar, experience and create games that target specific reading and writing skills and strategies. Discover how to incorporate game formats into daily instruction to practice the STAAR readiness and supporting standards. You will leave with games ready to ignite learning excitement and provide fun in your classroom.
- The 4 C's of STAAR Reading
- Instructional Strategies that Keep Students Thinking Positively about the Test
- Figure 19-The Meta-Cognition Strategies
- Research-Based Strategies for Guided and Independent Practice
- Powerful Digital Resources & Tools for Engaging Students in Rigorous Practice
- Differentiated Activities for Targeting Instructional Practice for Readiness and Supporting Standards
- Interventions Activities for Struggling Students
- Reading Responses with Rigor
- Goal Setting and Self-Assessments Strategies Your Students can Use to Track Progress
- Reciprocal Teaching
- Questioning Strategies
- Using Data to Plan Instruction that Works
- Research-Based Writing Strategies
- Genre Tips and Tricks
- Understanding Non-Formulaic Writing
- Revision Strategies that Make the Most Difference
- Grammar Instruction Tools
- Games that Review and Provide Just-Right Practice
- Activities for Increasing Writing Quality
- Meaningful Testing Strategies
- Ideas for Creating STAAR Camps and Practice During the Days Right Before the Test
Meet The Presenters
Kelly Harmon is a national presenter who has more than 24 years of experience working with at-risk students. She presents on a wide range of topics including RTI, technology, and reading, writing, and strategies for highly effective teachers. She works as an instructional coach for schools and districts across the United States. She also works with the Bureau of Education and Research, as well as Learning Sciences Marzano Center.
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer. She taught third and fourth grade at title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Randi studied early childhood education and English as a second language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for her students.
Using Learning Games Workshop
Tuesday, Aug. 4th, 8:30am
801 North Loop 1604 West, San Antonio, TX, United States 78232
Registration Begins at 8:00am
Drury Inn at Stone Oak
801 North Loop 1604
San Antonio, TX 78232
Wifi is provided
We encourage you to bring an iPad or laptop.
6 Hours of Professional Development
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
- Olga G.
"Truly enjoyed the workshop! Only wish I could have attended sooner!"
- Twila G.
"Great ideas and strategies! I wish we had another day of instruction to learn more!"
$190 per participant
Principals attend for FREE with registration of 3 or more teachers!
10% discount for groups booking 3 or more!
10% Discount for attending 2 or more summer 2015 seminars.
You can register by faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to Kelly Harmon & Associates.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!