That's How Butterfield Does It!
May 16 - 20, 2016
We are crew, not passengers!
Our Staff - Finishing Strong!
CELEBRATE! CELEBRATE! CELEBRATE!
Master Principal Phase 2
Congratulations to Karen Endel and Lisa Miller
on the successful completion of the Arkansas Leadership Academy
Master Principal Phase 2. There were 29 principals from across Arkansas that completed this outstanding professional learning process. All learning is designed to directly impact Arkansas schools providing tools/resources to support improvement.
This Week's "Happenings"
A Week of exciting work . . .
Finishing 8th Grade EL Unit - "Is Freedom Ever Free?"
Finalizing work in ALL classrooms across our school.
Finishing Summative Assessment
for ST Math - ALL STUDENTS!
Preparing for Academic Awards Assemblies next week - please be sure to call families of students receiving awards to invite them to these assemblies.
Preparing for Family Learning Night - Celebration of Learning - May 24th - 5-7 p.m.
* Mon - May 16 - School Improvement Council Meeting 3-4 p.m.; Academic Competition Reception 5:30-7:30 - BTMS Commons; Band Concert 7 p.m. VBFAC
* Tues - May 17 - HOFNOD Fishing Derby - 8:00-2:00 - City Park; High School Graduation
* Wed - May 18 - HOFNOD Fish Fry - lunches; SMAC 3-4 p.m.
* Thurs - May 19 - Fifth Grade Visit 8:30-10:30 a.m.; 6th EL Unit Planning 11:40-3:00; Choir Spring Sing 7 p.m. - Butterfield Auditorium
* Fri - May 20 - PTA Board Meeting 8-10 Library; Lead Team Meeting 12:30 - 3:00
STRONG Communication for everyone to be "in the know" and "celebrate" our school! Daily "Happenings" sent each morning from JW!
NEXT WEEK - LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL - thinking ahead . . .
alternate schedule shared by JW (stay tuned for changes)
Monday - May 23 -
- Afternoon - 6th grade opportunity to visit Is Freedom Ever Free? exhibition - safe room
- 8th Grade Honor Banquet 6 p.m.
Tuesday - May 24 -
- 6th Grade Awards Assembly - 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- morning - 7th Grade opportunity to visit Is Freedom Ever Free? exhibition - safe room
- Afternoon - Is Freedom Ever Free? exhibition - open to public - community invited
- Family Learning Night - Celebration of Learning - 5-7 p.m. - School-wide
Wednesday - May 25 -
- 8th Grade Awards Assembly - 8:45-9:45 (followed by Is Freedom Ever Free? reflection)
- 7th Grade Awards Assembly - 11:00-12:00
Thursday - May 26 - LAST DAY WITH STUDENTS
- Talent Shows - times TBA
- Ground Breaking for Veteran's Memorial Park 11:00 a.m.
- Pointer Pride Assembly - 2-3 p.m.
Friday - May 27 - PD Day
- Convocation - morning - VBFAC
- Lunch with your colleagues (enjoying time with adults)
- Afternoon - sharing from King MS Travelers; SAI Survey
- Desserts - Fellowship - That's How Butterfield Does It!
FINAL CHECKOUT - (if not complete prior to last day)