not for the weak hearted
cooking in an uncover pan with a direct heat source and removes fat
what types of meat
balsamic pepper steak
- 2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- Bring vinegar to a boil in small saucepan; reduce heat to medium. Cook 20 minutes or until vinegar is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Press 1/2 teaspoon pepper evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Remove to platter; keep warm.
- Mix butter and flour in small bowl until smooth. Add reduced vinegar, broth and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to same skillet. Gradually whisk in butter mixture until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve steaks with sauce.
Mom’s Pan-fried London Broil Steak