Mini Pack Update 11/20/2015
Dear Scott Family,
Can you believe it is already Thanksgiving? At this time of the year we encourage you to take time for yourself and your family. Enjoy some football. Eat an extra dessert. Go to the park. Take a walk in the neighborhood and check out the new holiday decorations. Take time to reflect on the things you are thankful for...your family, our community, your child's teacher(s), your friendships, our country. Slow down, enjoy the quiet moments. Your kids need this, too. Leanne's 17 year old came in last night and asked, "Mom, can we just have a family night this weekend? Let's stay in and watch a movie together." Wow!!
We hope you enjoy this holiday break.
Paige & Leanne
At Scott, we have so much to be thankful for...
Scott Staff joining in on the fun at Safety Town!
Scott News and Tidbits
- Angie Lamastra had surgery Thursday.
- Jennifer Burns and her family - Her mother-in-law passed away unexpectedly.
- Scott's Annual Spelling Bee is Wednesday, December 9 @ 8:15 am.
- The Scott Library would like your holiday card donations to make bookmarks for the students. Feel free to cut the front off so the signature/names are removed, and then send them in to Mrs. Taylor.
- Don't forget to check Lost and Found hanging up in the foyer. We already have lots of student jackets.
- Scott Elementary would love to see what you do and where you go over the break. Please send Paige or Leanne a picture that shows you and your family together for the holidays. We would like to share these in our Mini Pack.
SCOTT PTA UPDATES
Helping Hands Wanted
We're giving thanks to all those who have volunteered and are asking for some helping hands to fill up our volunteer calendar throughout the school year. If your hands are full, don't forget about the teacher workroom where faculty projects can even be fulfilled at home. Learn how to sign up here.
Pick up your produce with you pick up your kiddo. Order fresh goods from GROW and they'll deliver your produce to Scott and save you a trip. learn more about GROW here.
Wanted: Box Tops and Labels for Education
We're far from the end of the month, but with the holiday's just around the corner, don't forget to bring in those Box Tops and Labels. Learn more and see which products qualify: Scott Box Tops and Labels
We Need You!
Looking for ways to get more involved? There's a slot for everyone and every busy schedule. Scott PTA Volunteers
Scott Spirit Store
Show your Scott Pride. Purchase Scott spirit items here. Scott hoodies will be on sale soon! Be watching for them - you won't want to miss it!
Link your Kroger and Target Card to Scott
Yes...it's free and it supports our school and students. Find out how to do this.
Stay Connected to Scott
More Veteran's Day Pictures from our Celebration
Our Kindergarten Turkey Parade
Special Shout Outs
- Shout OUT to Julee Nguyen! She brought coffee for the staff working in the rain at carpool! We appreciate you!
- A BIG Shout Out to Stephanie McFarland! She volunteered her time to help our kindergarten students out with their clay project in art! We appreciate your help!
- Big Thank You to the Lapp Family for bringing our staff hot cocoa as a treat! We appreciate it!
- A HUGE shout out Mrs. Cruse and Mrs. Ketchum for providing the military uniforms seen at our Veteran's Day Celebration.
- Shout out to Stephanie McFarland, Meghan Frost, Colleen Fitzgerald, Christina Thompson, Josh Johnson, Casey Rapp, Cody Davidson, Leah Battaglio, Genevia Settle, Jackie Lanaux, Rajalaxmi Routray, Kristin Buholtz, Kat Curtis, Emily Xie, and Susan Mussachio for supporting Scott and volunteering with Kindergarten and the clay art project. (If we overlooked someone, please email Mrs. Church so we can make sure to appreciate you properly.)
- A BIG HOLLER to Cheryl Urban and Team Przada for bringing lunch for the office staff. We appreciate you and your thoughtfulness. Thank you!
- WooHooo to Corrie Kern! Your bread for the staff was DELISH!
- A BIG thank you to Ray Coleman for helping out at carpool! We appreciate all the help we can get.
Spencer and Sophia created a marble run at home!
Updates and Reminders
Parking on Campus: Please do not park in the fire lanes at anytime including lunch or Celebrate Scott.
Texting/Calls: Please refrain from texting in/around the school. We are responsible for getting 650 students safely to and from school. Please help by keeping your eyes on the road and not looking at your phone.
Bikes on Campus: Parents, please talk to your child about not riding his/her bike or scooter on campus grounds. We also will be talking to all our students. We have had some near misses with student safety because of bike riders nearly running into other students or failing to stop at the crosswalk. Again, your child's safety is always our #1 concern.
All FISD Community Workshops are held at the FISD Administration Building.
February 16: Strategies for Raising a Healthy Child
- 6:00-7:00 pm
Elementary students may only bring items for distribution to classmates on the three party days: Winter Party, Valentine’s Day and end of year celebration.
In addition, students issuing invitations to individual birthday parties or other celebrations may only do so at school if all students in the homeroom class are invited. These birthday invitations must be passed out at the end of the day with permission from the teacher.