Te Whare Akoranga o Maungawhau | 22 February, 2018
From The Principal
Tēnā koutou katoa,
It's been an exciting week for all of our Year 5's this week, having returned from a memorable camp experience at Carey Park, Henderson.
School camp is a true kiwi right of passage, and an unmissable opportunity for the children to set goals, overcome challenges and develop their sense of independence in a new setting. Just as importantly, camp offers a unique environment for fostering teamwork and collaboration. It is always rewarding to see the children strengthening bonds while supporting and encouraging each other to achieve their personal best.
I was particularly impressed to see so many great examples of the MENPS 'Touchstones' of 'Managing Self', 'Belonging' and 'Relating to Others' in action when I visited. These form the essential foundations for all of our learners, and are a key indicator of progress and achievement for every child. We can certainly be very proud of the children for rising to the occasion with such enthusiasm and positive attitudes.
As you would imagine, a great deal of hard work goes into organising this kind of event, and I'd like to acknowledge everyone who helped make it such a success. Thanks go to parent helpers, the outstanding Year 5 team; Team Leader Martina Stevenson and Associate Principal Hilary Edwards. Put simply, the smiles on the faces of the children in the gallery link below say it all!
Ka kite anō au i a koutou
Notices & Reminders
- Assembly this week - Friday @ 2.30pm
- Fair Donations 5-16 March
- To report an absence, please click here
- Year 5 & 6 (only children who have entered) Swimming Sports tomorrow
- New Parent Morning Tea Tuesday 27 February @ 10am. Please RSVP to the school office firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend
Click to view, download or subscribe and keep up to date with what's happening at MENPS
Look out for your copy of the Dates For Your Diary… coming home to you soon!
The MENPS Master EGGtravaganza is back!
What can you make with an egg? Buy an egg and decorate it for show at the School Fair.
Entry: It is $2 per foam egg.
Eggs will be on sale outside the hall before and after school 5th-9th March
Bring your decorated egg to Room 7 before school on Friday 16 March for judging.
Eggs will be on display at the Fair on Sunday 18 March
Questions to Sarah Vokes 021 450 930
Text Sarah V on 021 450 930 to register your interest for any of the following tasks and for more information
CALL TO THE HALL Volunteer Army
5 March - 16 March Monday to Friday mornings and afternoons. Clear the diary and head to the hall. Sorting is a huge job and we need lots of people in books, toys, clothes, and white elephant.
It doesn’t matter if you have 5 minutes or 50 minutes we would love to see you.
Food glorious food
We need more food at the fair. The time commitment is not huge, mainly the weekend of the fair. We have template instructions of past successes that you can follow or you can come with a new idea and our team can help you get it off the ground
CRAFTS Creative makers
Craft would love donations of modern furnishing fabric for plastic bag holders (roughly 50 cm square). Fun and funky fabric for soft toys or pin cushions as well as satin and tulle. We would also love someone to knit us some white or cream wool baby bootees.
Our craft stall is filled with gorgeous hand made cards, knitted items, kids dress ups and other delights. Suzanne is currently all alone in craft and needs new people to help create. Last year craft stall raised $1300! People who can sew, have creative veins or simply like to learn new skills are all welcome.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING?
- new unopened gifts at home that you would consider donating to the school?
- access to a quantity of plastic chairs and table that we could use
- fun merchandise at work that we can take from you (pens, mugs, hats, stress balls etc)
- contacts at work in the food/travel/toy/sport/retails or media business that could gift us an item or experience. Send us the details and we will make the calls without dropping you in it
- have a bach or a private jet?
- know a celebrity tv, sports, radio, politician that would sign something for us, or come to the fair and be dunked in water by rowdy children.
- have a TRAILER, VAN or TRUCK. We need wheels for pick up and deliveries the weekend of 16-18th March. Could you help?
Text or phone Sarah V 021 450930 for more info or to register your interest
The lifeblood of the fair. Please remember only clean, tidy, good condition items sell. Help us cut back on waste and dumping costs by donating only saleable items.
Drop off begins Monday 5 March – Friday 16 March during school hours.
Special Sunday dropoff on Sunday 11 March.
MENPS Swimming Championships -Year 5 & 6
When: Friday 23rd February 9.30am – 12.30pm
Where: Diocesan Aquatic Centre.
Eden Albert Zone Swimming Champs are on Tuesday 27th February from 9.30am to 1pm at Diocesan Aquatic Centre. A notice will go home on Friday to all those who qualify for this event.
Any queries please contact Karen Moore on email@example.com
Senior Accountant Required 20 Hours Per Week
Are you looking for a change in lifestyle but still wanting to work in a meaningful accounting role? If so, this could be the perfect role for you!
Our boutique Accounting firm is looking for a Senior Chartered Accountant to be responsible for high level compliance and tax functions for its practice.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
· full CA qualifications
· considerable CAANZ experience in reviewing SME accounting and tax jobs
· proven client/workflow management experience
To register your interest and find out more, please contact Daniel on 021 1625 475.