Student Bulletin - November 20, 2022
- Girls Basketball A/B Game (4:00) vs. Ray-Pec South @ Raymore-Peculiar South MS
- Wrestling MS Meet (4:00) @ ETMS
- Boys Basketball A/B Game (4:00) vs. Ray-Pec South @ ETMS
- Archery (6:00-7:30pm) ETMS Aux. Gym B
- No School
- No School - Holiday
- No School
- 12/2 - 7th & 8th Grade Dance
- 12/9 - Deadline to apply for LSEF Grant
GENERAL INFORMATION & UPDATES
District Athletics & Activities Parent Newsletter
Parent Newsletter for November 2022
Please click on the following link https://documents.lsr7.org/view/879837774/
for updated information from our LSR7 District Athletics & Activities Department
7th & 8th Grade Winter Dance
- Friday, December 2
- Students can only attend during for their grade-level time.
- 7th Grade 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- 8th Grade 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- The cost is $5 the week of (purchased during lunch), $7 at the door.
- Drop off and pick up will occur at the main entrance. Tickets and student ID's will be required to enter the dance. See the front office if you've lost your ID.
- A photo booth is a possibility, and a small cash fee will be required for photo booth use.
- Free snacks will be provided (donations needed - see link to sign up and donate).
- Family volunteers are needed at the snack table - sign up here.
- Only students who are enrolled at ETMS may attend the dance or be on school grounds.
- No limousines.
- Nice school or dressy clothes are appropriate for all students (jeans or slacks - no shorts, collared shirts or sweaters, dresses should have sleeves or two straps). Although ETMS recognizes the value of allowing individual student self-expression, the dance is an extension of the school day and student handbook policies still apply. Students who violate these guidelines will not be allowed to enter the dance.
- Students must be in attendance for no less than the last 4 periods of the school day of the dance. Students may not have been in ISS or OSS the day of the event.
- Students must meet academic and student conduct eligibility requirements outlined in our ETMS student handbook to attend the dance (based on 1st quarter grades).
- Student behavior will be expected to reflect participation in a school event. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated, and discipline consequences and removal from the dance will occur.
Snack Donations Needed for Winter Dance
- Free snacks will be provided for students (cookies, popcorn, crackers, cheese, etc.)
- Sign-up Link
Could you use $1,000 to bring an idea to life here at East Trails Middle School?
The Lee's Summit Educational Foundation is accepting grant requests from
students (including clubs/activities!) until Dec. 9th.
Dream big and apply soon! Visit www.lsedfoundation.org to learn more.
- Application deadline is December 9th.
- Grants will be awarded right before or after the holiday break to be utilized during the '22-'23 school year.
- Student applicants will need to find a Staff Ambassador to vet and oversee their grant request (not to be confused with LSEF Building Ambassadors).
- Click here for details of the program
Our LSEF Building Ambassador at ETMS is Suzanne Wiley.
Scholar Bowl - All Grades
Clubs - All Grades
BISON BRAGS & CELEBRATIONS
Congratulations to these ETMS Musicians!!
On Saturday, November 5th, students from all over the Kansas City Metro area auditioned to be a part of the All-District Band or All-District Orchestra. We set a new record for the number of students who auditioned. Let's congratulate the following students from ETMS who made All-District!
Featured Club - Card Sharks
Vocal Music Concert
REMINDERS & REPEATED ITEMS
Box Tops for Education
School ID: 9684109
Still Need To Order Your Students' School Pictures?
Student pictures are still available to purchase online
until December 1st at PEARCEPHOTO.COM
Your login is your student's ID/Lunch number