do boys have less drama than girls?
An intense friendship is when there is a lot of drama happening,like lies,gossip,and jealousy.some people think that boys have the the same amount of drama like in a girls friend ship. however girls have much more drama in there friendships than boys do.
girls friendships are more fragile
- A recent study of 10-15 year old boys and girls found that girls friendships are more fragile. Girls will say and do more hurtful things to each other more than boys would.
- A lot of times a girl will get jealous of another girl or tell lies which could cause problems in their friendship.
- Most girls tend to take things more personally than boys do.
boys friendships are usually built around a sport.
- A lot of boys like playing group games with rules an competition.
- Competence and skill are widely respected and helps them form lasting friendships.
- Boys enjoy testing themselves against others and many of their friendships begin in a sport or activity.
boys don't tend to gossip like girls do
- Constant conversation about other kids (gossip) becomes the glue of many friendships and can cause disruption.
- When someone gossips about a friend it can erode the trust in that friendship.
- "As boys get older the intensity of their friendships fade because their afraid of being seen as to girly." says Dr. Way, a professor at New York University, where she is an expert in developmental adolescent psychology focusing on male friendships.