A WORD TO THE WISE...
PLEASE TAKE TIME THIS WEEK TO SIT AND SOAK IN ALL THAT IS IN THIS EDITION. WE NEED FEEDBACK IN TWO DIFFERENT AREAS SO PLEASE TAKE ONE MOMENT OF YOUR TIME TO DO EACH SURVEY!!Hard to believe we roll right in to February on Friday. The month of love! Why not take some time this month to spread kindness. Watch for more details of weekly challenges for you to be a part of! I know I've shared this before but I always think it's worth revisiting. Our own happiness is 95% internal and 5% external. While we (I) blame all the external causes for my frustrations and unhappiness, I have to remind myself it is a choice. Those things can frustrate me, but they can't dictate how I respond. Only I can make that decision and only I am in charge of that. Choose to take charge of the happiness factor and let the 95% from within dictate your attitude.
* FACULTY MEETING - We will have our faculty meeting on Monday. PK/K are on the schedule for snacks as well as asking the community circle question. Here is the link to the agenda: https://conroeisdnet-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/teldridge_conroeisd_net/EVsemcI7W29OiIzUjhmrsREBoKSS_4WEm-aLt4yKOOCgsA?e=Q8vJcS
* CTT - This week we will be doing a quick, 10 minute "Welcome to February" activity. Please bring markers, glue sticks, construction paper, etc. Whatever you like to use to be creative.
* 100th DAY OF SCHOOL - Wednesday next week is the 100th day of school. If you have a 100 day shirt or 100 day activities, this is the day!!!
* BIGGEST LOSER GROUP - Weigh in starts on Monday. Trust me when I say this...Audra is a steel trap and your weight will NOT be seen by anyone but you and her. :)
* REMIND 101 - As of January 28, Remind will NOT work with Verizon. Verizon will not send or receive messages off of the Remind 101 app.
* HRS - See below for more information!
* CISD HEALTH FAIR - Try to drop by the CISD Health Fair on Saturday morning. It is held at The Woodlands College Park from 8:30 - 12:00. They always have an amazing group of vendors/presenters and lots of free goodies! You will need your badge for entrance so that you can be registered to win giveaways. There are good gifts usually like $50 gift cards to Academy.
TUTORIALS - Will start on Tuesday. It's not too late to volunteer to help. Our scores provide our schools "grade." It takes a village so please consider helping this round or the next.
* LIBRARY CLOSED - Reminder that the library will be closed all next week for GT testing.
HIGH RELIABLE SCHOOLS SURVEY
BIGGEST LOSER GROUP
REMEMBER TO MEET AUDRA IN THE GYM BETWEEN 7:15-7:30 FOR OUR FIRST OFFICIAL WEIGH IN.
If you are interested in losing some of the holiday weight that you might have gained, or just want to drop a few pounds with accountability, we are currently forming this group. It will be a short term group starting on Monday, January 28 and ending on Monday, February 25. We will have a few different categories where you can win a chance for a gift card.
1. Those who start and weigh in on ALL 5 Mondays will earn a surprise treat (low in calorie, of course). We will also put all the names in a drawing for a gift card.
2. Those who weigh in all 5 Mondays, Audra will figure largest weight loss percent and that person will earn a gift card.
3. Exercise is an important part of getting healthy. If you weigh in all five Mondays and exercise a minimum of 5 days at week, your name will go in a drawing for a gift card. (This will be on the honor system so please be honest!)
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW - IMPACT FEBRUARY 9
Yearly, Junior League of North Harris County and South Montgomery County offer a guest speaker to teacher/staff in area district, including CISD. This year the event will take place on Saturday, February 9 with doors opening at 8 and presentation starting at 9. DR. RICK RIGSBY will be the guest speaker this year. I've included a clip from him so that you can hear what we are in for that morning. If you are interested in attending, the link to Eduphoria registration is below. He sounds amazing!!!
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Jayda Babcock, Kaitlyn Frederickson, Lisa Lara, Lizbeth Montalvo, Becky Playfair and Jeff Dye for volunteering to help with after school tutoring.
Lisa Lara, Becky Playfair, and Jayda Babcock for helping with 3rd grade tutorials. - MIssy G
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
26 - CISD Health Fair
27 - Macy Montalvo's birthday
28 - Faculty Meeting
29 - Tami out to Curriculum Meeting
2 - Sci://Tech
4-8 - Counselors' Week
4 - Team Leader
5 - Foundations Team training
7 - Gretchen Montgomery - math staff development during planning
8 - Poster Method
11 - Site based team meeting
12 - 4th writing benchmark - flip schedules with 4th and 2nd
13 - Tami to Principals' Meeting
14 - Donuts with Dad and Valentines' Day parties
15 - Tami Eldridge's birthday
18 - Staff Development Day - student holiday
19 - Board Meeting recognizing OR feeder zone
20 - Math coach visits planning sessions
21 - Chocolate Sales Kick Off
22 - Go Texan Day
22 - PTO Luncheon
22 - Poster Method
22 - Susan Hoffman's birthday
22-March 8 - Chocolate Sales
25 - Faculty Meeting
26 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
27 - Board Field trip to ORE
27 - Lisa McGarrah training for Mimeo
28 - Bilingual coach visit/Felix Rodriguez's birthday