Hybrid Schedule Reminders
January 29, 2021
SI DESEA ESTO EN ESPAÑOL, HAGA CLIC EN EL ENLACE "TRADUCIR BOLETÍN" EN LA ESQUINA DERECHA.
The kids are finally coming!!!
Remember A students come on Monday.
B students come on Wednesday.
This Friday, February 5, is a Thursday Schedule, meaning the B kids will be here 3 mornings next week.
See you soon! Go THUNDER!!!
Schedules for A, B, and R students.
Calendar February - March
- Buses will not leave our building until after the support period.
- Students that can provide their own transportation can leave at any time after 10:40, they are not required to stay for the support period if they do not need it.
- Students that need to stay and wait for the buses will wait in the Commons area and have study time. They will maintain social distancing and wear their masks.
- Students do not need to check out to leave during the Support Period when they are finished with their day.
Entrance and Exit Procedures
- complete the PowerSchool Symptom Self-Assessment prior to coming to school in the morning.
- wear a mask at all times.
- remain more than 6' from other students when entering, while inside, and when exiting WNHS.
- have their temperature checked upon entry.
Doors open at 7:00 am for Zero Hour classes.
All Zero Hour students should enter Door #2, the main front doors.
Doors open at 7:45 am for the regular school day.Students must enter through Door 2 from the front of the building. Many students who drive are accustomed to using Door 6. THIS DOOR WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
Bus riders will enter Door 19 and Door 20.
All athletes coming for practices and contact days must enter through Door 2. Swimmers will enter the pools doors directly. Again, athletes MAY NOT use Door 6. The vaccine clinic will be here many afternoons, and their entry door is 6. Please stay clear of their door.
Students will be required to exit the building immediately when the school day is finished. Of course, they may remain for additional help as needed during the Support Period or when an appointment is set up with a teacher. If you are picking your student up after school, please be on time and arrange for a mutual spot to pick up your student.
Cold Lunch and Breakfast will be available for students to pick up as they leave the building. Please remind your students to pick that up before they exit the building.
Please know that our goal is keep all staff and students safe by implementing procedures throughout the building. Please remind your students that they are an important part of making this work! Remind them to follow the procedures so that we can all stay in school!
Asynchronous time is very important....
Thus, every student should be working asynchronously every day; staff will be expected to post asynchronous work on their Canvas course site under "Announcements" every day.
As we switch to hybrid learning or if you chose to remain full remote, students must remain focused on working on assignments given by teachers during asynchronous time. Please help us by checking with and reminding students to work asynchronously as needed.
When you or your student submits a request to tech support, they will respond with a form that you fill out. Please know that until you complete that form, your request will not be submitted.
If you have issues that keep you from getting in touch with tech support, please call our office and we will try to help.
If you need your access ID and your access password to create an account for Powerschool, we can help you in our main office. If you need help with payments, or class schedules, you should also call our main office.
Some reminders on payments......
- AP Test fees are due February 5.
- We are still requiring a parking pass for our lots. Please call the office with questions.
- Remember that your student must pay for Behind the Wheel before they can drive. Please call the office if you need help making that payment electronically.
- Some extra-curriculars must be paid to participate including Math Team and Sports that are starting. Please call our Athletic Office with questions at extension 5700.
For parents and guardians of A and B students:
Due to concerns related to COVID, if we have not spoken to a parent or guardian about an uncleared absence, the student may not return to hybrid learning the next day until it is cleared.
For parents and guardians of R students (full remote):
Attendance is still taken every period of every day. If your student misses a period or a day, please contact the Attendance Office. Your student will be marked unexcused if there is no call.
Bus Transportation Information
Please check your route information before Monday morning if you are an A student.