Baneful Binge Eating
There's more to it than you may think
- Feeling disgusted, ashamed, or embarrassed at oneself.
- Being secretive or preferring to be alone.
- Severe weight gain (although not always the case).
- Hoarding food, eating alone in cars, or hiding wrappers.
BED may also lead to health problems including:
- diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
Celebrities Who Struggle
American singer, Janet Jackson, suffers from Binge Eating Disorder. She says, “When I’m feeling down on myself or not feeling good about who I am, or maybe something happened and I’m feeling depressed, I eat to fill that void. Afterwards I’ll beat myself up about it. I regret doing it, but I’ll turn around and do it again.”
To Get Help