Vol. 2 Edition 11
Welcome to Week 10
It's the start of Quarter 2!!!
- Important News
- Students & Staff of the Week!
- Coyote Calendar-No PLCs this week- Going to Staff PD Instead!
- School News: Halloween Safe Zone
- Faculty Spotlight-Ms. Passardi
- Actionable Items- Submit Student and Faculty Howlouts
- Calling all Coyotes-Pump up your first period to get ready for the ABC Food Drive
- Coyote Resources- Coyote Core + Schedule Search
- Parent Howler Hub & Coyote Voice
Congratulations to our own Hannah Hall for her nomination for NNB Employee of the year!
Invite Mrs. Hetzler-Nettles to your Classroom
Planning Day October 15- Comp Time- Leave Request
Click here for leave request form
Congratulations to our Coyote Staff of the Week
Congratulations to our Coyote Students of the Week
WEEK 10: October 15th-October 20th
Monday October 15th
Teacher Planning Day
Tuesday October 16th
TUTORING TUESDAYS in Media After School
2pm- After School Detention in Room 3-224
2pm-3pm- Tutoring in Core Subjects, ASL & Spanish in Media
6:30pm- MS Football vs JLMS @ HOME
Wednesday October 17th
ACT NCR- Math
7:35- 8th Grade and 12th Grade Panoramic pictures (Ef
2pm- Class of 2020 Meeting 4-225
2:30-4:30- Adult Education Room 3-228
3pm-7:30pm- Science PD in 4-110, 4-111, 4-121
Thursday October 18th
ACT NCR- Reading
12:30- US Army Recruiter Sgt Chip Allen to D Lunch
2pm- After School Detention in Room 3-224
2pm-3pm- ALL Staff Professional Development- Sign up for your session
7pm- JV Football vs River Ridge @ HOME
Friday October 19th
ACT- NCR Science
2pm- School Leadership Meeting in 3-102
7:30pm- Varsity Football vs Springstead @ HOME (PINK OUT/GLOW OUT GAME)
Saturday October 20th
5:30pm-7:30pm- Basketball Open Gym
Secondary Quarterly Check Results and Analysis Protocol
The purpose of this document is to help teams use quarterly student performance data on targeted standards within the scope and sequence to inform instructional decisions for students. We encourage PLC teams, SLT and other staff to spend time on planning day analyzing student progress towards standards and making instructional decisions to support students as we enter in to Quarter 2. Additional quarter 1 results and resources can be found on the ARM Sharepoint site.
Updated Club and Incentive Days
After School Tutoring Starting October 16th Every Tuesday in Media
High School News
10th GRADE TEACHERS: PSAT-NMSQT on Wednesday, 10/24
12th GRADE TEACHERS: ACT-NCR Exam Information (For students sill needing to pass grad requirements)
*This is the rescheduled administration.All seniors that have not met the Algebra 1 EOC and/or FSA ELA graduation assessment requirement will participate in the ACT-Non College Reporting exam during the week of 10/16-10/18.
- Only one session will be administered each day. Students only have to sit for the session(s) they need (i.e. students needing only the ELA requirement do not have to sit for the Mathematics session).
- Tues 10/16 English
- Wed 10/17 Mathematics
- Thur 10/18 Reading
- Students may leave the testing room as they finish the exam.
- Testing will take place in the Media Center all three days.
- Attendance for the seniors testing has already been set to NAS.
Students needing the ELA requirement will sit for English and Reading. Please check out the SAT & ACT folder in Assessments in Sharepoint for rosters and testing information.
Submit a Faculty or Student Howlout!
Faculty Howlouts will drive our selections for Staff Member of the Week. Each week we will announce all of our HS and MS Coyote staff members of the week! These staff members will have their names announced on the intercom on Friday. At the end of the quarter the Staff Members of the Week will be invited to a special luncheon in their honor! We look forward to receiving numerous staff shout outs so we have many to select from each week!”
Student Howlouts: At the end of the week these students will be invited down to the flag pole in the center of the courtyard where we will have a Coyote Flag to be raised on Friday. These students will get the honor of raising the flag each Friday, and will have their names announced on the intercom! At the end of the quarter we will have a breakfast for all of our Students of the Week and their parents.
Faculty- Click here to submit!
Student- Click Here to Submit!
Calling all Coyotes
ABC Committee Food Drive
ABC- Prince Project Donation Needs
Young Men's vest/ties
Young Mens' Dress Shirts/ Dress Jackets
Young Men's dress shoes
Young Men's small belts
Young Men's Tuxedos
Young Men's white T- Shirts all Sizes
Pre-Order your Yearbook! Use the code "staff" to get staff price!
Nearpod Professional Learning & Support Information
· For first time users, we do have a Nearpod Basics course that any instructional staff member can sign up for in MyPGS. The Course number is #2285 and section # is 12505. This course takes users through a series of simple modules to learn about Nearpod features and how to use when designing engaging lessons for students. Nearpod is one tool that can support the Core Actions in classrooms, especially Core Action 3. The course is ongoing with participants able to sign up at any time.
· Nearpod sends out newsletters periodically. The most recent newsletter is NearpodFallnewsletter.url for your viewing and sharing.
· At https://blog.nearpod.com/resources/, live webinars, on demand resources, instructional videos, and sharing Nearpod can be found.
Are you concerned about a student? Behavior, Academics, or Attendance
Refer them to the Students Services Team!!
We are an MTSS (Multi-Tiered System of Supports) Team that includes admin, counselors, behavior staff, ESE staff, medical, & socio-emotional staff. The team meets every Tuesday.
Our goal is to identify students in need of support and meet those needs. If you have a student that needs support please submit the student’s information via the mach form.