🐬 Week of October 12, 2020
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
This week we welcome back our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders that are choosing the face-to-face option!
For our remote students, please continue to join us online. We are grateful to have you, whether online or in person. 💕
However, there are a few students who have not joined online, or have joined minimally and have not been turning in assignments. Those students are currently far behind the others. We cannot expect our teachers to fully catch those students up to the others. It is time to make the decision to support your children through remote learning, or send them back to school.
Here's a snapshot of reminders for Monday morning.
Transitioning to Face-to-Face Policies, Schedules, and the Updated School Year Calendar
- The uniform policy is still in effect. However, it will be relaxed in that a uniform shirt, uniform pants (no jeans), and a belt (for grades 1 and up) are required. Remember, we transitioned to only red shirts for this year. Please see the link to the uniform policy. Also please refer to the posting/email sent from Central Office concerning uniforms and masks.
General Reminders for Students Returning to Face-to-Face Learning
- Students will need bring their own water bottles, marked with their name. No glass water bottles! They will have the opportunity to refill their bottles if necessary.
- Snacks will be sold for .50 each, and ice cream for $1.
- Parents are not allowed out of their vehicles during dropoff or pickup.
- Parents cannot bring lunch to their child during the school day. If a child forgets their lunch, he/she can simply eat from the cafeteria.
- Students will need a computer bag to transport their laptops if they choose to bring them to and from school. If a student brings a laptop home, it must be recharged before returning the next day. With few exceptions, all school-owned laptops will remain at school.
- Students will be provided with mask breaks, PE, and recess. We will also be on a lunch rotation so that classes can take turns eating outside and in the cafeteria.
- Car rider hang tags will be sent home with students on Monday afternoon.
For remote learning, please be sure your child/ren are up and ready for school in order to sign into Schoology on time. This means dressed properly (i.e., no pj's, shirt, proper pants/dress, etc.), fed, and free from distractions. We ask that parents remain out of the screen view as much as possible.
Warning to Parents About the Online Game Roblox
We have received concerns about some of our students participating in a game called Roblox while they are supposed to be participating in remote learning, without our teachers or the parents of the children being aware. It is blocked while a student is on the school system's wifi, but not while on a school-owned device at home. Some disturbing issues have been associated with this game, most notably, children conversing with unfamiliar adults. Please be vigilent and monitor your child's online actvity.
Please use the link below to access more information about Roblox. We are not endorsing (nor speaking against) the product that is advertised at the end of the link, but only wish to share important information about this game.