Meadow View Elementary News
2020 - 2021 School Year
Mark Your Calendars
April 23- Interim Reports
May 3-7- Staff Appreciation Week
May 12- Teacher Workday; School Nurse Day!
May 20 - 5th grade Science EOG; 3rd-grade reading EOG
May 25- 4th and 5th grade Reading EOG; 3rd grade RTA test
May 25 - Kinder Parade 5 pm (details will be sent home by teacher)
May 27 - 3rd, 4th, 5th-grade math EOG
May 28 - Last Day of School
Thank you for your time and assistance!
Dell Purchasing Program for OCS Families
Onslow County Schools are excited to extend the Dell Member Purchasing Program to our staff, students, and families. We have added a page on the IT website (link below) with the information needed to make a purchase and receive a discount. Anyone participating in the program will be dealing directly with Dell on the purchase. Discounts vary based upon the item being purchased and any specials that Dell may be running at the time.
Why Read Aloud?
Every time you read to your child you are improving their learning advantage.
Is Your Child Struggling With Memorizing Multiplication Facts?
Multiplication flash cards to download and print:
Multiplication practice online:
Repetition is key for memorization!
Listen and Learn with Audio Books - FREE!
Audio books are a wonderful way to expose your child to complex language, expressive reading, and fantastic stories. Listening to audio books also gives kids the valuable and enjoyable experience of using their own imaginations to visualize the people and places they’re hearing about. Check out any of these sites to access free audio books for children!
Although meals are free for all students until the end of the school year, please apply below for free or reduced meals to begin in January. Once the year ends there is no grace period for paying for meals.
If you need a fee waiver you must first apply for free meals and submit the approval letter with your application for a fee waiver.
Did you know that filling out a meal benefit application could help your family with more than just the cost of school lunch? Apply now at lunchapplication.com or contact the OCS School Nutrition Department for more information.
Health Safety Measures
Rest assured that we are following the directives of the Governor and North Carolina Health and Human Services to maintain a healthy learning environment. These are some of the measures that will be in place when school resumes.
- No shared supplies - updated supply list is below.
- Desks arranged to maintain social distancing
- Limited transitions
- Hand sanitizer station in each classroom
- Hand washing and sanitation will be built into the routine schedule
- Signage to remind students/essential visitors to maintain social distancing; directional arrows in hallways
- Each student will be provided two washable masks if needed;
any cloth face covering is permitted
- All breakfast and lunch items will be individually packaged
- All OCS students, staff, and essential visitors are required to be screened daily before entering schools. The screening process consists of the COVID19 screening questions and temperature check.
- All Onslow County Schools students K-12, staff and essential visitors are required to wear a face-covering while on campus.
- Students are encouraged to bring a refillable water bottle; water fountains will be closed off.
Updated 3/23/2021 This is the updated calendar for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
Dismissal Process / Hand-to-Hand and Bus
Due to the new guidelines, we have been instructed to stagger our dismissal and to use multiple exits. To accommodate these guidelines, here is our Car pick-up process this year. Buses will be loaded after the car pick-ups.
Your pick-up number card needs to be clearly visible in your window when you come to pick up your child from school. Everyone has a unique number assigned in case your child is ever a pick-up. You will be asked to provide identification if you don’t have the pick-up card we sent you. If you have lost or need a new pick-up card, please let your child's teacher know.
Please arrive at your assigned time to ensure a smooth process. If you have students in multiple grades, please pick up all of your children at the younger student’s assigned time/place.
- Kindergarten: (pick-up line on the cafeteria side of the school- the same place as morning drop-off)
- 1st – Grade: (pick-up line in front of the school)
- 2nd – Grade: (pick-up line on the cafeteria side of the school- the same place as morning drop-off)
- 3rd – Grade: (pick-up line in front of the school)
- 4th – Grade: (pick-up line on the cafeteria side of the school- the same place as morning drop-off)
- 5th – Grade: (pick-up line in front of the school)
- Please arrive at your assigned time and location for pick-ups
- Have your assigned number card visible in your car window
- Older siblings will be picked up along at their younger sibling’s location/time
1026 Fire Tower Road
Jacksonville, NC 28540