Meadow View Elementary News
2020 - 2021 School Year
Read below for important information!
Meadow View Mustang Families,
Elementary Calendar Revisions Update - December 17, 2020
Given the rising number of COVID-19 cases not only in Onslow County, but across the state and nation, OCS announces that the district will continue using Wednesdays as remote student days for grades K-5 through the end of March 2021. The appropriate adjustment to the elementary school calendar has been added as part of a COVID-19 Update for the Board of Education’s regularly scheduled January 5, 2021 meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact the school or visit one of our social media sites.
Thank you for your support!
As Mustangs we will RISE UP, start fresh and see the bright opportunity in each new day! Although things will be a little different, we can't wait to see our students back on campus!
Remember Meadow View families…You’re Awesome! You’re the Best! You Rock!
Kelly J. Clarke, Principal
Dismissal Process / Hand-to-Hand and Bus
Due to the new guidelines, we have been instructed to stagger our dismissal and to use multiple exits. To accommodate these guidelines, here is our Car pick-up process this year. Buses will be loaded after the car pick-ups.
Your pick-up number card needs to be clearly visible in your window when you come to pick up your child from school. Everyone has a unique number assigned in case your child is ever a pick-up. You will be asked to provide identification if you don’t have the pick-up card we sent you. If you have lost or need a new pick-up card, please let your child's teacher know.
Please arrive at your assigned time to ensure a smooth process. If you have students in multiple grades, please pick up all of your children at the younger student’s assigned time/place.
- Kindergarten: (pick-up line on the cafeteria side of the school- the same place as morning drop-off)
- 1st – Grade: (pick-up line in front of the school)
- 2nd – Grade: (pick-up line on the cafeteria side of the school- the same place as morning drop-off)
- 3rd – Grade: (pick-up line in front of the school)
- 4th – Grade: (pick-up line on the cafeteria side of the school- the same place as morning drop-off)
- 5th – Grade: (pick-up line in front of the school)
- Please arrive at your assigned time and location for pick-ups
- Have your assigned number card visible in your car window
- Older siblings will be picked up along at their younger sibling’s location/time
Student Supply Lists
The newest supply lists are below. Please click on the button below to view the supply lists.
Arrival Process / COVID Health Questions, Temperatures, and Masks.
Additionally, all K - 12 students must wear a cloth face-covering while at school and have their temperature taken with a no-Contact Infrared Thermometer.
Here are the questions. If you know in advance that your child has any of these symptoms, please don't send them to school that day.
1. Has the student had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or has any health care provider been in contact to advise anyone in your household to quarantine?
2. Does the student have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sudden loss of taste or smell
3. Has anyone in your household been diagnosed with COVID-19?
If the student answers yes to any of these, they will need to go home. Please don't send your child to school if any of these applies to them.
Health Safety Measures
Rest assured that we are following the directives of the Governor and North Carolina Health and Human Services to maintain a healthy learning environment. These are some of the measures that will be in place when school resumes.
- No shared supplies - updated supply list is below.
- Desks arranged to maintain social distancing
- Limited transitions
- Hand sanitizer station in each classroom
- Hand washing and sanitation will be built into the routine schedule
- Signage to remind students/essential visitors to maintain social distancing; directional arrows in hallways
- Each student will be provided two washable masks if needed;
any cloth face covering is permitted
- All breakfast and lunch items will be individually packaged
- All OCS students, staff, and essential visitors are required to be screened daily before entering schools. The screening process consists of the COVID19 screening questions and temperature check.
- All Onslow County Schools students K-12, staff and essential visitors are required to wear a face-covering while on campus.
- Students are encouraged to bring a refillable water bottle; water fountains will be closed off.
1026 Fire Tower Road
Jacksonville, NC 28540