January 11, 2016
Rigor = Students Making Meaning For Themselves
A go to person in the building would be Cristin Fox. Her training in Adolescent Critical Reading Intervention does just that. Last year she presented at our staff meeting how she teaches students how to use text structure to break down text? Her instructional strategies help students learn to break down text to make meaning. Bottom line: Students are not comprehending deeply if they are not able to make meaning and then apply it to a new situation.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
No School- Snow Day
TUESDAY: STAR Testing
- 8:10am: IEP/McLean/Ciesielski
- 9:10am: IEP/Wright/Krupp/Moody/Vigna
- 1:00pm: Meeting/Barber
- 3:00pm: Principal's Meeting/Barber/Mishler
WEDNESDAY: STAR Testing
4:00pm: Running Club(Diane has a conference on Thursday so she is unable to help on that day) However, feel free to run and walk on your own if Wednesday does not work for you.
THURSDAY: STAR Testing
- 8:00am-4:00pm: Mental Health Training @ GISD/Ruddy
- 3:00pm: Running ?Club (Diane will not be there, but will loan out her timer for anyone wanting to run)
- 3:15pm: Calendar Meeting
FRIDAY: Pay $5.00 to wear Jeans. Proceeds go to the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan
UPCOMING EVENTS AND REMINDERS
Jan. 18th: Professional Development Day: 8:00am-3:00pm
Jan. 21st: Staff Meeting
Jan. 28 and 29th: Exam and Early Release Days/End of First Semester
Enjoy your week!
January 18th: Professional Development Day
Priority Standards, Proficiency Scales, and Assessment, Oh My!
On Monday, January 18th we will continue our journey to answer the above two critical questions. We will have national presenter, Mike Ruyle, from the Marzano Research Lab working with us. He will review priority standards and proficiency scales as well as begin the next segment on formative/summative assessments.
Please bring with you:
- Identified Priority Standards you have chosen
- CCSS Standards flip chart etc. for your content area/Soc. Studies/Science should also refer to literacy standards as well
- Proficiency Scales that you have developed
- An assessment for a unit you would like to redo-(optional)
- ipad or laptop