4th Grade News
December 7 - 11, 2015
- Monday, Dec. 7: Holiday Market during specials - bring your $$! The Holiday Market will ONLY be open during specials time for students so don't forget your money!
- Wednesday, Dec. 9: Vocabulary Assessment
- Thursday, Dec. 10: Escape from Alcatraz comprehension assessment
- Tuesday & Wednesday, Dec. 15 & 16: Mini Benchmark (math and reading)
- Wednesday, December 16: Family Heritage Projects due
- Friday, December 18: School sing-a-long and Christmas Crafts in the classroom
What are we learning in Language Arts?
We will reread Escape from Alcatraz with a partner and practice finding evidence to support our answers to questions about the text. We will also review making inferences and use Escape from Alcatraz to practice this skill with nonfiction text.
What are we learning in math?
We will correct our geometry vocabulary assessments on Monday. This upcoming week will be devoted to classifying and measuring angles. We will also examine the properties of triangles and quadrilaterals. Our post - assessment will be on Friday.
Measuring Angles with a Protractor
What are we learning in Science?
We will finish "Static Electricity" by completing a foldable based on our experiment conducted on Friday. This week, we will explore series and parallel circuits. We will have an assessment on this unit next week; probably Tuesday, December 15. Keep reviewing your notes!
Types of Electrical Circuits
Pumped Up Circuits Song
Thank you to those who sent in brown paper cups, tea lights, balloons and D batteries! Please be on the lookout for a notice coming home with your child soon (and sent via Class Dojo) regarding our holiday party. We need a few more things for our Christmas Crafts day, and some edible treats as well. As always, your time will be most appreciative...please contact me if you can help out in the classroom with our crafts on Friday, December 18th.