Papa Doc: The Black Sheep (1969)
Francois Duvalier Biography
- Birth name: Francois Duvalier
- Born: April 14, 1907 in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Died: April 21, 1971 in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Education: The Haitian National University Medical school
- Marital Status: Married Simone Ovide in1939
- Children: Marie-Denise, Nicole, Simone, and Jean-Claude Duvalier
- Time in Office: 1951-1971
- Reason leaving office: Death
- What I learned from this research: I learned about Papa Docs rise to power and somethings about his past life.
Jean-Claude Duvalier (Baby Doc)
- Birth name: Jean-Claude Duvalier
- Born:July 03, 1951 in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Died:October 04, 2014 in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Education: Educated entirely in Haiti
- Marital Status:Michele Bennett
- Children:Nicolas Duvalier, Anya Duvalier
- Time in Office: 1971-1986
- Reason leaving office: Over thrown by an uprising
- What I learned from this research: What I've learned from this research on Baby Doc is That just because your name has a lot of power behind it dose not mean that your success is an automatic guarantee, yet Baby Doc was just interested in the finer things the presidential position had to offer in Haiti.
Jean-Claude Duvalier(the last days)
What I learned from the entire project
What I learned from this entire project was The Duvalier regime was a wicked, dark, ferocious time in Haitian history and the country is really just now starting to make a recovery because the nations economy took a huge hit and the Haitian people suffered as a whole.