By: Visesh Nathan
Should We Cruelly Experiment (Torture) On Animals For The Good Of Humans?
- A scientist testing harmful chemicals on a certain species of animal
- Testing cosmetics on a bunny's' eyes
- Banning all animal tested cosmetics from the EU, Israel, and India
- Highly developed countries are letting this happen without realizing that it is hurting the animals (the animals are helpless and cannot talk)
- Companies want new, untested ingredients in their products
- That species may go extinct (once it is extinct, nobody can bring it back)
- The bunny is blinded for life
- raises world awareness of cruel and painful animal experimentation
- The experiments go on and will eventually deplete the animals
- Those companies are then testing the new, possibly harmful ingredients on the poor, helpless animals.
A bunny. Digital image. Comicspire. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Dec. 2015. <https://comicspire.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/bunny3.jpg>.
"11 Facts About Animal Testing." 11 Facts About Animal Testing. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Dec. 2015. <https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-animal-testing>.
Humane Society. Digital image. Http://www.humanesociety.org/, n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2015.
PeTA. Digital image. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2015. <http://www.peta.org/>.
"Reptilian Smarts." NYTimes.com Video Collection 2013. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
"Ringling Bros. Eliminating Elephant Acts." AP Video News 2015. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 9 Dec. 2015.
"ScienceTake: A Frogs Secret to Sticking." NYTimes.com Video Collection 2013. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
"Testing Cosmetics and Household Products on Animals Share." Www.peta.org. PETA, n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2015.
"USDA Responds to AP Report on Cruelty to Horses Sent on 4-Day Trip from Florida to Puerto Rico."AP Video Archive 2008. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 14 Dec. 2015.
Vaknin, Sam. "Whether a Right or Not, Animals Should Be Treated Morally." The Rights of Animals. Ed. Debra A. Miller. Detroit: Greenhaven Press, 2009. Current Controversies. Rpt. from "The Rights of Animals." www.animalliberationfront.com/Philosophy/TheRightsofAnimals.htm. 2006. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 14 Dec. 2015.