GCIS Friday Focus 1/22/2016
Be the Key to Our Success!
Some Quotes to Inspire
Special thanks to all the duty teachers and your efforts to keep our spaces in the morning and afternoon safe! Please let me know if there is anything that we may need to adjust.
Snap shot of our GCIS #oneword
Looking forward at using our community #onewords to continue to motivate us on the days we need it, and celebrate when we see bright spots! Thanks for really thinking deeply about what these might be for you and how these can really carry us throughout the rest of the year!
What's Happening This Week!
- Planning mtg w/ Brenda, Becky, Julie G (AM)
- Principal meeting 12:00
- Reading BINGO Challenge Starts
- GCIS Learning Sessions
- Rounds ALL day GCES
- Admin mtg following rounds
- 4th grade Data Mtg 10:00-11:15 am Conference room Office
- Zoom Mtg @ Elem 1:00 pm
- Collaboration 2:00 pm
- Data Mtg 6th grade 10:50-12:15 pm Conference room
- Mtg. w/ Tim 1:30 pm
- 5th grade Data Mtg 10:50-12:15 pm Conference room
- Associate Mtg w/ Associates 2pm
- Funky Shirt Friday: Climate & Culture Activity!
Special Shout Outs!
- Shout out to all the teachers and students for running a successful lock down! Let me know if there was anything that you want to process or think through related to the drill! Great job everyone! I am planning another lock down towards the end of February.
- I wanted to give the associates a shout out for a great meeting on last Friday! We were able to share some successes and talk about areas we can improve with lunchroom, hallway, and recess. We are planning to set up some time to collaborate with each grade level about some ideas as we continue to improve in these areas. Look for an email from me to indicate a good time this next week to pick your brains!
Reading Challenge & PBIS Day
*Gives details of what is happening that day.
*Use this doc to sign up what your session is and include a description.
*We will make copies of these and bundle, and place in your mailboxes.
February PD Calendar coming your way soon!
January 2016 Professional Development Calendar
I know a lot of teams liked talking with Julie G and I have a meeting set up over break to talk about getting her back at GCIS to help! Looking forward to taking you where you are at and supporting you with our great team members! Remember we are wanting to meet your needs in a differentiated approach to learning. Thanks again for being open and honest with your feedback as we move to a PBL environment!