Identifying the Problem
The problem is that the the earth is full of dangers and the forces of nature can be destructive and devastating. Here are some examples:
1). The 2010 Haiti earthquake was a very bad earthquake that hit Haiti on January 12, 2010. On the scientific scale that measures the magnitude (or strength) of an earthquake, the quake scored a magnitude of 7.0 Mw. The center of the earthquake was near Léogâne, very close to Port-au-Prince, the capital and largest city of Haiti. It was only about 25 kilometres (16 mi) west. The earthquake hit in the afternoon, at 16:53:10 local time
2). The tsunami in Japan 2011.
3). Hurricane katrina
My task is to work in pairs to investigate, plan and create a video that demonstrates my ideas and understandings of “the safest place on earth”, using knowledge and skills from Science, Technology and Humanities
The product must
(1) 5 minutes in length (10% over/under is acceptable) this include title and credits
(2) contain original and appropriate music
(3) work with a partner and both partners appear in film
(4) balance of original film footage (50%) and stock film footage or photographs (50%)
(5) balance between spoken word and music in the soundtrack
(6) effective use of text (titles, captions, subtitles, etc.)
(7) demonstrate effective editing techniques (i.e. transitions)
(8) persuasive (be sure to compare and contrast as a way of persuading)
(9) demonstrate excellent video capturing skills
(10) include data to justify the location of the safest place in the world (charts, graphs, facts and figures)include data
I conducted some research about the relationship between music and emotions, and this is what I found.
(a) I found some examples how music can be used to enhance the video/movie/clip.
Lion King uses music to enhance the experience:
The song explains how Simba wants to be king instead of just saying it, it projects a message through singing making the animation better.
(b) I research about the connection between music and emotion.
(c) I used www.soudation.com and created a song that is: 3 minutes, uses dynamics, is uplifting, dancable and motivating. You can listen to my song here http://soundation.com/user/crystal-tail. Through creating this song I learnt how to mix beat, the dynamics of music, tunes. Through the process I also increase my skills and understand including the different parts of music, the application usage and how they go with each other.
(d) I used www.clubcreate.com and tried to create a song that was 3 minutes long, was sad, emotive, moving and evoked feeling of devastation and destruction. You can listen to my song here (insert song or provide a link). When I compare and contrast the online tools www.clubcreate.com and www.soundation.com my thoughts are, soundation is an easier website to use, but clubcreate has better functions.
(e) What is infomercial?
Infomercials, also known as Direct Response TV, are television commercials which generally include a phone number or website. There are long-form infomercials which are typically between 15 and 30 minutes in length, and short-form infomercials which are typically between 30 seconds to 120 seconds in length.