October 20, 2020
Confirmation Parent Meeting - Tonight
Wednesday, Oct. 21st, 7pm
Immaculate Conception Church
Eighth grade parents, please mark your calendars to attend an important Confirmation meeting on Wednesday, October 21 at 7:00 p.m. in the church. Seating in the church will be similar to seating for weekend Masses. Pews are blocked off to ensure families are socially distant from one another. Please wear your mask.
Many fresh new things will be shared at this meeting, so please plan to attend.
Our dismissal process needs tightened up for the safety of the children. Here are the key areas needing addressed:
- If you choose to park in either of the north parking lots (north of the school or north of the church), you MUST get out of your car, walk over and escort your child from the coned area back to your car. This includes ALL children regardless of their age. Being a K-8 school, younger children naturally follow the actions of older children. We must follow the same procedure for all. This alleviates children walking alone through actively moving cars.
- If you choose to remain in your car, let your child know that he/she is a “car rider.” You will join the car rider line and your child waits for your car to come around to the pickup area. Your child will get in and you pull away.
- Car riders are dismissed AFTER the walkers, so those in the car rider line need to be patient and wait for all walkers to pass through prior to departing. A staff member will be on hand to guide this process.
Brief note about morning arrival:
- If you use the alley off Calumet in the morning, please be aware that many students use that pathway to walk to school. Please drive slowly and watch carefully for children. This is not the best place for drop off, but because it is a public alley, there is little we can do.
- We can unload at least 6-8 cars at a time. Your children can exit your car once you have turned the corner by the school building. There is a double yellow line noting the walking path in addition to cones that help define that safe space.
This is an overview of our dismissal procedures. You can download the complete document by downloading the file below.
Second Grade First Reconciliation Meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 28th, 7pm
Immaculate Conception Church
Remote Learning for Second Quarter
Accelerated Reader Tests at Home
Superpowers in Kindergarten
Box Tops for Education
All scanned and clipped Box Tops submitted by that date will count toward the Fall Contest.
The grade level that collects the most Box Tops will be awarded a pizza party AND a dress down
Day. The second place grade will be awarded a dress down day only.
Collection sheets should include the student's full name and grade level. Scanned receipts have a field where a student's name & grade can be entered. No name and grade mean no credit toward the contest.
If you have not yet downloaded the app to scan Box Tops, please do so. It is a quick and easy way to earn money for the Home and School Association.
Request for Water Bottles
Picture Retake Day - Thursday, October 29
Group pictures (with masks) will also be taken this day.
1:30 Dismissal - Friday October 30
Boys Lacrosse Information
The Columbus Saints Boys Lacrosse Club was established in 2003 for seventh and eighth grade boys who are currently enrolled in a Columbus Catholic grade school, or for Catholic boys whose public/private school does not offer a lacrosse program. This team competes against other public middle schools around central Ohio as well as competes in the middle school state championship tournament (of which they are a past winner).
Lacrosse is a SPRING sport.
In lieu of a face to face meeting we will be having a virtual informational meeting on Sunday, November 1 from 2-3pm. The information is below. The attached flyer also has the relevant information. Currently the Saints is for 7th and 8th grade students; however, parents of ANY AGE boys are encouraged to attend if you have an interest. There are other great opportunities for K-6 graders that we can discuss.
- Date: Sunday, November 1
- Time: 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Link: https://meet.google.com/hon-supu-bcb
- Note: This session is for parents and boys of any grade who are interested in lacrosse and learning about the Saints.