Band Notes: Week 29
February 25- March 1
A Note From Your Directors
The first grading period of the 2nd semester is in the books and we are at a sprint for our spring preparation! The beginning band had an amazing tour and we all had a great time at the Band Luau! This week we have our AB clinic #2 and we will continue more prep on our beginning band concert on March 5th.
As always, if you have any additional questions then please reach out.
-Mr. Wood, Ms. Hoffman, & Mr. Seymour
UIL Contest Season Info
- Our next event is after school on Tuesday, February 26th. This is our 2nd clinic and will have the same timeline as our Clinic #1.
- HB: 4:00pm-5:30pm
- SB: 6:00pm-7:30pm
- ALL Honor and Symphonic band members are required to be at every event listed. Should a conflict arise, please contact your student's director ASAP.
- The UIL competition is the STAAR test for band.
- To access the info sheet please click HERE.
Calling All Future FHS Band Members (8th grade only)
A note from Mr. Simon (Director of Bands at FHS)
Good Evening Parents and Students,
This is a quick reminder of our Frisco Band “Movement Camp”, to be held next Friday (March 1st). The camp will be from 5:00 – 7:00 pm here at Frisco High School. Students may be dropped off and picked up at the Band Hall entrance, in the back of the school (see the attached map for the drop-off point).
Here is some additional information:
- We will be indoors for this camp, going over some of the basic concepts that we use during the marching band season
- Recommended attire is ‘athletic-type clothing’- T-shirts, comfortable shorts or relaxed pants, tennis shoes/ sneakers
- Instruments are not needed for this camp
- The students may bring a bottle of water if they wish, and will also have opportunities to visit the water fountains
- They may wish to grab a light snack before the camp if they typically get hungry right after school!
All current 8th grade band members are encouraged to attend, so that they can find out more about what it’s like to be in the Frisco Band. We can’t wait to begin working with everyone as we look forward to next year’s marching season!
- Feb 26: Clinic #2 **Required AB Event After School**
- Mar 1: FHS Movement Camp
- Mar 5: Beginning Band Concert *Required event for BB*
- Mar 8: FHS Movement Camp