Mrs. Gaston's News
April 28, 2015
Rescheduled Zoo Trip- May 6th
Zoo Trip Reminders:
1.We will be pulling out of Old Pointe at 8 o'clock. Please make sure your child is here as soon as school begins at 7:40!
2. Your child may bring money to feed some of the animals. More information to follow.
3. Your child's hot dog lunch is provided in their field trip cost.
4. I will be giving your child a snack and water bottle the day of the trip.
5. Make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather.
6. Talk to your child about safety and the importance of staying with their chaperone/group.
7. Chaperones, please meet in the front lobby by 7:50! If you are riding the bus with us we ask that you park in the front parking lot. If you are driving to the zoo you may park in the back bus parking lot.
I will be giving the kids a test on 3-digit subtraction within 1,000 on Friday, May 1st.
Animal Project Power Points.
*May 27th - Field Day
*May 29th-Pizza Party
*June 3 -Half day for Students
*June 4- Last day of school:half day for students
Animal Project Presentations
Tuesday, May 5th, 12pm
380 Old Pointe School Road
Rock Hill, SC
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Old Point's First Annual Career Day
How old were you when you selected your career path? We invite you to share information about your career with our students at Old Pointe’s Career Fair on Thursday, May 21st, 2015. Our goal in elementary school is to introduce our students to as many career options as possible in order to help them make better career choices in the future. We are actively seeking OPES parents and community members willing to volun-teer their time from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. on May 21st. If you or someone you know is interested in speaking at our Career Day, please take a few moments to complete this quick survey: http://goo.gl/forms/4ZkFU41uSv
Please contact Natalie Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.980.2082 with any questions.
A note from Mrs. Gaston:
I am very excited that my dad will be here to meet the kids for Career Day! He runs his own business named Murphy Brother's Inc. I can't wait for the kids to get to meet him; I talk about his business a lot in class.
If you would like to share our career with the other kids in our school. Email me and I will help you get signed up.