GMC's "Re-opening Plan"
UPDATED INFORMATION 9/4/2020
Updated Re Entry Plan:
Our re-entry plan for this school year has gone as smoothly as could be expected! In our original plans, we said we are re-evaluating every 2 weeks, so we wanted to give everyone a 2-week update. Based on all of the information we are receiving with respect to the Corona virus and how we are just beginning to settle into our current delivery of instruction, we plan to make NO changes to the current plan of school operations for at least another 2 weeks. We appreciate everyone's continued cooperation and support.
UPDATED Information: 8/17/2020
Updated Information: 8/10/2020
Daily GMC Schedule:
GMC 50/50 3-Lunch Bell Schedule 2020-2021
Fridays Rotate (A/B)
8:00 – 9:30 1st Period
9:35 – 11:10 2nd Period
11:15 – 11:40 (First Lunch)
11:45 – 1:15 3rd Period
(SPLIT LUNCH) 11:55-12:20
11:15 – 12:45 3rd Period
12:50 – 1:15 (Second Lunch)
1:20 – 2:50 4th Period
2:55 – 3:55 Online Office Hours (if applicable)
- Monday- Math/Social Studies
- Wednesday- English
- Thursday- Computer/Spanish
Friday Bell Schedule
8:00 am - 9:10 am PD/In service
9:20 am – 9:45 ONLINE Blazer Block
9:50 am - 1:50 pm *Office Hours
12:50-1:50 *Social Studies/CTE
1:50-2:50 Retesting (with teacher)
2:55 – Faculty and Staff (if needed)
*Office Hours may be Face-to-Face while also synchronously streamed. There will be a limit of 12 students allowed in each teacher’s classroom during office hours. The students would need to sign up. Students would get priority based on medical condition not allowing F2F M-Th (if applicable), IEP, 504, current grade (lowest), in that order.
Car Riders Information:
CAR LINE NUMBERS
If you will be picking up your child in the Car Line Dismissal, your student will be given their car line number on the first day of school. Please hang it from your rearview mirror so that staff can see the number. Make sure your child knows the number. We will be releasing students by this number (NOT by last name)
Letter from the Nurse:
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to see our students face to face beginning August 20th. We are diligently preparing best practice to keep students and staff safe. We will be using BioEsque spray for all hard surfaces and using Alpha HP aerosolized solution at the completion of each class after students exit the classroom.
In order to decrease the number of individuals entering the building, all medical documents for the Health Room are posted on- line(http://www.greermiddlecollege.org/about/health-room/health-room-forms-and-documents/) and will need to be filled out by the parent and , IF NEEDED, primary MD. Students must bring the completed forms to the nurse's office with their medication. *****This EXCLUDES controlled substances which will require a parent or guardian to bring medication in person with the original prescription label on medication.
Also, we will be screening students daily prior to exit from their cars in car-line. If a student's temperature is greater than 100.1, the student will not be allowed to enter the building.
We will continue to adhere to SCDHEC guidelines for exclusions.
Please keep your child home for a fever of 100.1 degrees or higher by mouth or 100 degrees or higher if taken under the arm. Fever without a known cause may require COVID-19 testing or completion of COVID-19 exclusion. The school will specify when your child can return based on the situation. https://www.scdhec.gov/health/child-teen-health/school-exclusion.
Thank you so much for your patience and assistance in this area as we bridge uncharted waters together. Our goal is to keep everyone as safe as possible.
****End of new info as of 8/10/20****
START DATE FOR GMC STUDENTS
The new first day for students (all grade levels) last name beginning:
A-K is Thursday, August 20th.
The new first day for students (all grade levels) last name beginning:
L-Z is *Friday, August 21st.
*Friday, August 21st will NOT be a virtual day- for students who chose Face-to-Face
Virtual Fridays will start the week of August 24th.
Thursday, August 20th/ Friday, August 21st Bell Schedule
4A: 9:50- 10:20
*No lunch will be served*
*Students with opens will report to the breezeway*
*Students scheduled for college classes will report to the patio*
- Freshmen (students only) Orientation on Aug. 20th (A-K) and Aug. 21st (L-Z)
- Parent Orientation meeting on Aug. 20th 6 p.m. via Google Meets- link to be sent via parent email.
- Parents, check your spam folder for emails, if you have not received any emails please contact Ms. Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents, please visit our website and sign up for Blazer News (as discussed in your intake meeting) in order to receive email communications weekly from the school.
- Grades 10-12: 1st day (A-K) Thursday, August 20. (L-Z) Friday, August 21.
- Students and Parents- please check your emails. If you have not received any emails, please contact at Ms. Clark email@example.com
- Parents, please visit our website and sign up for Blazer News in order to receive email communications weekly from the school.
- If you have questions about your college classes, email your guidance counselor-
- 10th grade Ms. Looper at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11th & 12th grade Ms. McCammon at email@example.com
- Senior Project questions- contact Ms. Earle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Internship questions- contact Mrs. Bailey, email@example.com
- Senior Apprenticeship questions- contact Ms. Sawicki, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for All:
All student schedules will be mailed out the week of August 3rd.
- The only schedule changes made prior to August 24 will be for those with clerical errors. For example, a missing core class or a previous credit earned class.
- No elective class schedule changes will be made.
All students and parents: please join our google classrooms to receive updated information from your school counselors with important dates, forms, etc .
Class of 2021: ar27a56
Class of 2022: wwqargq
Class of 2023: up4jrxe
Class of 2024: ga4742g
Dress Code: Students are required to be in dress while attending classes Face-to-Face.
- Click the link to our GMC student handbook for dress code: http://www.greermiddlecollege.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/GMC-2020-2021-Student-Handbook.pdf
Fever of 100.1 or higher:
- If a student’s temperature screening results in a fever of 100.1 or higher, he/she will not be allowed to attend GMC face-to-face.
- DHEC requirements for the student to return to school are: a note from the student’s doctor stating the fever is NOT COVID-19 related AND 24 hours fever free with no fever-reducing medicine OR a negative COVID19 test, OR 3 days fever-free with no fever reducing medications.
- Students will NOT be penalized due to a necessary quarantine with a doctors note/parent note/directive from the school.
- Students will be expected to join online learning and complete all assignments to the best of their ability.
- If students have a NEW need for assistance with wi-fi and or devices due to quarantine, please contact the school.
Arrivals to GMC:
Parent drop-off line: - students are to remain in their car in the car line. A GMC staff member will come to the car and take temperatures.
Upperclassmen Student Parking lot:- Students will come to the new gym entrance to have their temperature checked before entering the building.
- GMC will not facilitate and/or coordinate any carpools due to the lack of control over social distancing in a vehicle
- If students chose to carpool and any one person from that carpool arrives at school with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, the entire carpool will have to leave campus. The individual with the temperature of 100.1 or higher has to be fever-free and present no other systems of Covid-19 for 24 hours before returning to school.
Lunch at GMC:
- Changes are coming to our lunch options. Keep checking Blazer News and our website for updates from PIP.
- Students, please continue to work on service hours in the safest way possible. GMC administration will revisit service hour requirements, as we understand the difficulties of completing certain activities within the community.
- All students on-line or hybrid will be allowed to participate in GMC sports. GMC will follow all SCHL guideline.
- Chromebooks are fine, PC/laptops are the suggested device for computer classes, GTC classes, and or college classes.
Alphabet split groups:
We will try to work with hardships to change groups (A-K) or (L-Z) as long as loads are balanced. Email Mr. Dillard at email@example.com
- PARENTS, please complete the survey to let GMC know your students plan for attending GMC for the start of the 20-21 school year.
- all students have the options of:
- our Face-to-Face 50/50 split (A-K) Mon. & Tues (L-Z) Wed. & Thurs or
- On-line only Mon-Thurs, live streamed classes
- Both options are fluid and can change as students needs are considered.
******** PARENT SURVEY LINK Below: **********
We plan to continuously communicate with you throughout this process. Thank you in advance and GO BLAZERS!!
Fred Crawford, Principal
James Dillard, Associate Principal
Jessica McCraw, Assistant Principal
David Gantt, Operation Director