Anderson Library Update
Gator Cr8rs Rock!
2016 Inventory Done!
Print Items in currently in the Anderson library: 15,685
Students/staff enrolled in library system: 800+
Print books circulated 3rd 6 weeks: 4,977
eBooks accessed: 1,169 (WOW!!)
Library classes taught: 170
Makerspace/Drop In patrons: 1,641
Thank you for helping our Anderson Library BE the PLACE to be!!
Top passport issuers from fall semester:
Mrs. Acosta - 106 (Kinder loves Makerspace too!)
Mr. Becerril - 32
Mrs. Ellis - 21 (several students per pass)
Mrs. DeVarennes - 15
Students and staff are improving with self-checkout, so keep on sending students as needed!
Upcoming Lessons and Events
- Texas Bluebonnet voting will take place in January for grades 3-6 and any staff. Read 5, then Decide!
- PK-2 will be working on Fiction retelling (book talks), Nonfiction Text features, seasonal items like winter/Martin Luther King, online resources
- Six Flags Read to Succeed deadline is February 18th! This is only 6 hours of reading; students just need to document the time they spend reading and turn it in to you. Send completed forms to me and I will input in the system so they receive their FREE ticket.
- All Title I libraries received a generous amount of $$ that was used for purchasing new books to support the curriculum, collaborative reading area furniture, and Makerspace materials. The order for books and furniture is complete and the Makerspace order will be complete around the middle of January. Some of the materials I hope to be able to offer to classrooms on a checkout basis! I can't wait for all the new items to arrive in OUR Anderson Gator library.
- Battle of the Books competition is coming soon! 4th and 5th grade teams will be decided next week and we will meet once a week for lunch to prepare for the March 5th competition!
- Our TI Grant materials should be coming soon as well. Our Canvas courses are looking good and ready for students to participate in them.