Special Education News Update
March 9, 2015
2016 LEAP YEAR REMINDER
- When completing Programs and Services in Tienet documents that include a Program and Services Section, keep in mind that 2016 is a LEAP YEAR.
- As all programs and services must end <=365 days from the Date of the IEP, the ending dates of Programs & Services will need to be adjusted to account for the extra day in the calendar. (Services will end one day prior to IEP end date).
Transition - IEP Purpose:
- For any IEP in which you will be reviewing transition information (student age 16+), mark the secondary purpose box of the IEP as "transition."
Transition - Goals:
- For all students 16+, we should be using transition information to create a transition goal (in the goals/objectives section) according to their post secondary vision and EDP.
- In response to the REED extension....if you take signature and know ahead of time the evaluation period may be longer than 30 school days you seek the extension at that time. In the case where you realize as the deadline approaches you need more time you get the extension at that juncture. An extension requires parent signature or the 3 attempts.